This Almond Flour Chocolate Cake is fudgy, crumbly with an extra-indulgent chocolate experience! A rich and savory chocolate masterpiece that tastes even better the next day (if it makes it to the second day). Easy to make and simply delicious Gluten-Free cake.
I rarely bake, but when I do it has to be incredibly tasty and my whole family has to love it! Share the calories then it doesn’t feel so bad.
This Almond Flour Chocolate Cake is more of an experience than just another chocolate cake because the flavors blend so well together!
We love a Good Chocolate Cake and this reminds me of something you would get at the fancy bakery, but you will be surprised how easy it is to make it at home!
This easy almond flour cake recipe has only a few ingredients and does not require a mixer.
Almond flour: This cake has been tested with almond flour. Use Good Quality almond flour.
Chocolate – use SEMI-SWEET chocolate chips or bar. Love Ghirardelli brand baking chocolates.
Orange zest – all you need is a tablespoon (or zest of one orange) but it adds citrusy freshness and blends perfectly with chocolate.
Cocoa powder – Dutch-process cocoa powder
Almond Extract – one of the most important ingredients and what makes this chocolate almond cake stand out! It just takes this cake to another level, promise.
Chocolate Swirl – I’m big on aesthetics as you can see by my recipes. The dark and white melted chocolate swirled into the batter looks GORGEOUS! Not only is it worth adding for the taste, but it also creates a visually stunning look.
YOU NEED 9-inch Springform cake pan
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND FLOUR CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 8 ounces or 1 cup semi-sweet good quality chocolate chips or chocolate bar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk (whole milk or 2%)
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest (or zest of one orange)
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate (use Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers)
- 1/2 cup melted white chocolate (use Ghirardelli white vanilla melting wafers)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds for decoration
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper (put your cake pan down on the parchment paper, then trace around it. Remove pan and cut out the circle.).
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl add chocolate chips (or bar) and butter and microwave 30 seconds at a time until easy to stir and has a smooth consistency. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and sugar. Whisk until creamy and smooth.
- Add milk, orange zest, almond extract, and slightly cooled chocolate-butter mixture. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- In a medium bowl combine almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Use a rubber spatula to gently add dry ingredients to the egg mixture, until well combined.
- Transfer batter into prepared pan.
- Use two small microwave-safe bowls and microwave dark and white chocolate 30 seconds at a time until smooth consistency.
- Add drops of the melted dark and white chocolate on top of the cake batter, then drag a small spatula, wooden toothpick, or paring knife through the batter in horizontal and vertical lines to create a marbled pattern.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds on the edges.
- Bake in the preheated to 350° F oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middles comes clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the springform pan for at least 30 minutes.
- Run a knife around the outside of the cake, then carefully remove the sides.
- Slide the cake onto a wire rack or a cake stand and allow it to cool completely before slicing.
Our Almond Flour Chocolate Cake is baked in a springform pan.
If you don’t have a 9-inch springform pan, feel free to use a regular 9-inch cake pan lined with parchment.
How long will this cake last?
Keep the leftovers in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to a week. To be honest it tastes even better the next day after it’s been in the fridge. So for the holidays, you can easily bake it a day or two in advance.
Absolutely delicious, moist with a rich chocolate flavor. Every chocolate lovers dream of dessert!
ENJOYED THIS ALMOND FLOUR CHOCOLATE CAKE? HERE ARE MORE RECIPES TO TRY!
Chocolate Brownie Crinkle Cookies with Pecans and Coconut Flakes (Perfect for the Holidays!)