[dropcap]L[/dropcap]ove to experiment in the kitchen. Some recipes work in my head but not in Reality. This one was Fantastic! Even my Hubby, who is not into “different foods” – Loved these! I served with Delicious homemade Garlicky Avocado-Sour cream dip. Yum!
Had 3 very ripe Avocados the other day and didn’t know what to make. Since I have made zucchini/carrot fritters in the past, I thought the avocados will give a nice color and flavor. I used 2 Avocados for the fritters and one for the dip.
“Pin” for later: http://www.pinterest.com/
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Large Zucchini, shredded and squeezed to remove excess moisture
- 2 Green onions/scallions, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, pressed (add more if you want more garlic flavor or Garlic powder)
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Dill, diced (or us Dill weed or Dill paste)
- ¾ Cup of Flour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ Cup of Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Squeezed Lemon
- 1 Garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tsp Dill
- 1 Tbsp Feta cheese, crumbled
- salt/pepper, adjust to taste
- Mash two avocados with a fork, add eggs and the rest of the ingredients. The mix will be chunky, as you can see in the picture. Heat the skillet to Med-Low, add Olive oil and drop a spoonful of the mix. Fry the fritters for couple of min on each side, keep flipping so it will brown equally on both side. When fritters get a nice brown crust, cover the skillet with the lid and let them steam and cook inside. Remove to a warm plate and continue with the next batch.