The Chicken cups are very portable, you can make them ahead and then reheat for lunch. I was able to use just One can of dinner rolls, since I wanted to create a thin crust, thus cutting down on the extra calories.
“Pin” for later: http://www.pinterest.com/
- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Bread Crumbs (used "Italian Style" since its already has the spices and salt added. If you use the Plain bread crumbs, add more seasoning and salt)
- 1 Tbsp. Sour Cream
- 1 small onion, shredded or diced
- salt/pepper and whatever seasonings you prefer
- 1 can (8 oz.) Pillsbury Crescent "Butter Flake" 8 dinner rolls (was enough for 12 regular size muffin pan)
- Diced peppers
- Tomato slices
- Feta cheese
- Diced parsley
- shredded cheese
- Non-stick Pam for to grease the muffin cups
- In the large bowl mix all of the ingredients. Set aside.
- Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with Pam.
- On a floured surface, unroll 1 can of dough; slice into 12 circles. Use your rolling pin to make them large enough to fit into the muffin cups. Divide and spoon the chicken mixture evenly into dough-lined muffin cups. You can leave them plain and then add cheese during the last 5 min of baking or add diced peppers, tomato slices with feta and parsley on top.
- Bake in the Preheated 350°F oven for 20 min to make sure the meat cooks completely on the inside. You may need to check with thermometer for doneness. Remove from oven, add shredded cheese (if using) and continue to bake until cheese melts, about 3 to 5 min. When done, wait 10 min to cool and then gently remove from muffin cups using small spatula.