Awhile back we went to this Fancy-Schmancy Italian joint at Epcot, Tutto Italia Ristorante! Beautiful restaurant, but like everything at Epcot – pricey place! The dinner was good, not anything extra ordinary, but tasty. My Hubby ordered this classic Italian Meatballs pasta dish and the size of the meatballs killed me. For $$ you get 6 quarter size balls. No Way! Not for a grown human being, and a Man in this case. So I’ve decided to make these at home and make them ADULT size!
I prefer to bake meatballs, it saves on time and they keep the round shape better.
Add your favorite sauce and as much or as less as you like. Add shredded cheese and parsley on top.
- 2 pounds ground chuck or a mix of pork and beef
- ⅓ cup Italian style bread crumbs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh or dry parsley
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh or dry basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- (24 - 25 ounces) Favorite Pasta Sauce
- 1 Cup Mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl mix the ingredients for the meatballs.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Using wet hands, form meat mixture into balls. Arrange onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated at 400F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, depending on size of your meatballs.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- Add your favorite Pasta sauce and as much or as less as you like. Add shredded cheese and parsley on top.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Bon appétit!