One of the Best dinners we ever had! This Baked Wild Cod with veggies in Lemon Garlic White Wine Sauce is simply AMAZING and the best part is that you can prepare this fabulous meal for your family in no time!
This Baked Cod recipe has quickly become a regular on my dinner rotation and you can see why!
Use the veggies on hand, but don’t put too many “watery” veggies since they will dilute the taste of the sauce.
Costco has the best prices on fish and meat that I have seen. Bought this Wild Atlantic Cod at just $7.99 a pound!
Atlantic Cod fillets have lean meat, with a mild flavor and white large flaked flesh when cooked.
My favorite way of cooking fish
I like to cook my fish on a bed of thinly sliced potatoes. One day the idea came to me and I have been doing it ever since. The potatoes absorb the flavors of whatever you cook on top and complement almost any dish.
I like to buy young yellow or pink potatoes and slice them thin. They are done at the same time as your fish is cooked and look beautiful served.
But if you are not a fan of the potatoes (why? how?) then serve with your favorite side dish or just serve with veggies for a very low-calorie, low-carb, delicious meal!
Actual cooking time will depend on the thickness of your fish. The fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
You can use other types of fish with this recipe: Cod, Haddock, Flounder or Grouper would be a good choice as well.
This is an Easy 5-star Restaurant Quality dish that you can prepare at Home! Flakey and succulent, this dish is great for entertaining. Packed with tons of great flavors and is so quick and easy to prepare and cook.
- 2 pounds cod fillet (any white fish)
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- grape tomatoes or regular
- young potatoes, thinly sliced
- green onions
- salad peppers
- brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp. fresh herbs, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan
- 1 tsp. paprika
- salt/pepper to taste
- lemon wedges
- Pat dry the cod really well and season with salt and pepper.
- Add melted butter or light olive oil, thinly sliced young potatoes, and green onions to the bottom of your baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place Cod on top.
- Arrange the rest of the ingredients around the fish.
- Drizzle with additional melted butter and pour white wine.
- Dust with grated Parmesan cheese, paprika, and salt/pepper.
- Lay lemon slices on top.
- Bake Uncovered in the Preheated at 400°F oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked and fish flakes easily.