Baking these tender, Fall-of-the-bone BBQ Baby Back ribs at home is the easiest thing you can make! It just takes a couple of hours to bake and almost no time to prepare. My kind of recipe!
This recipe I’ve originally stumbled upon trying a sample at Publix and ever since that time this is the only recipe that I have used.
Ribs are one of our Favorite meals. And these ribs are so tender that meat falls right off the bone.
Unfortunately, almost every place we order them can’t seem to do a good job. They are usually tough, too much salt, or drowned in BBQ sauce.
I normally buy Baby Back Ribs, but you can use the same recipe with Spareribs or even Turkey Drumsticks. The key to making them Tender is to wrap them well in a Heavy-Duty Foil.
How to make Fall-of-the-bone BBQ Baby Back ribs
I prefer to cut the ribs apart into individual pieces. This way they are seasoned on all sides, easier to serve without the need to slice them later and for the meat to fall apart. They look better served.
Sometimes you can find already presliced ribs. But you can use a full rack as well, it’s all about individual preference here.
Some sites suggest removing the membrane/skin off Baby Back Ribs, I’m too lazy and that’s an extra unnecessary step for me. But, if you have the time and don’t mind, sure, go ahead!
- Season well with whatever concoction you have on hand on all sides. My favorite rub mix: meat tenderizer, garlic powder, Montreal Steak Seasoning, and smoked paprika. Or use your favorites!
- Fold in Heavy-Duty foil around it to create a tight seal.
- Transfer to a sheet pan.
The key to making the Ribs tender is to wrap them well in a Heavy-Duty Foil.
I do not add water as some recipes suggest, since when I wrap well the ribs naturally give out the juice.
This recipe works with Any rub and BBQ sauce combo.
- Bake in a Preheated at 350F oven for 2 hours. Remove from the oven.
- Open foil, drain and discard any accumulated juices and fat, if there are any.
- Brush BBQ sauce on all sides and bake at 350F UNCOVERED for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- As an alternative, you can Bake Uncovered for 10 minutes and then Broil for a minute or two, make sure to watch so ribs don’t burn.
There are lots of options on what to serve these delicious ribs with.
You can see some of the options on this page.
This time I didn’t slice the ribs into individual pieces but rather slabs as they sell them.
Brushed them with our favorite – SWEET BABY RAY’S Barbecue Sauce and broiled for 2 minutes. Then sprinkled with dry Parsley.
Served with steamed in the microwave for 2 minutes broccoli and carrots!
Another option is serving ribs with Healthy Quinoa!
These are my absolute Favorites! They come in great flavors. The Streits Quinoa With Mushrooms & Herbs is available at Publix and Amazon. The Pereg Quinoa I bought at HomeGoods and it’s available on Amazon as well.
Remove from the oven and Serve!
Another Delicious option is serving Fall-of-the-bone Baby Back Ribs with roasted peppers and mushrooms!