I just Love Fruit coffee cakes, Fruit pies, Fruit Muffins, Fruit pancakes… Anything with FRUIT!
The reason being:
#1. It Cuts down on the CALORIES, considerably and you do not need to put as much sugar since your sugar will come from the natural sweetness of the fruit. It fills up the cake instead of extra Flour or Cream.
#2. My Family Loves them! If I will spend the time on baking, I want to make something that we ALL enjoy! This cake doesn’t last long, have made it last night for dessert and had today for breakfast. ALL Gone! (so don’t knock on my door! LOL)
And… This One! It is Dense, Very Moist, Fruity with Pancake, Cobbler like texture. You can serve it with an Ice Cream if you’d like (but, why spoil it!
Give this a Try! You probably have all you need in your Fridge NOW!
You don’t have to use just Berries for this recipe. I have made it with peaches and plums before, it was AMAZING!
This time, I’ve added the fruit for decoration and glazed it.
Fruit Glaze recipe:
– 1/2 Cup Sugar
– 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
– 1/2 Cup juice (orange juice or any juice. I didn’t have Orange juice and used the Pomegranate juice.)
– 1/4 Cup water
– 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
– In the medium pan, combine all of the ingredients.
– Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool.
– Brush the glaze over the fruit. The glaze will keep the fruit fresh.
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 large egg
- ¾ Cup sugar
- ½ Cup buttermilk
- ⅓ Cup sour cream (or thick Greek yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons Oil (used Canola)
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 or 1½ Cups Fresh Berries: blueberries, strawberries
- In one bowl mix: flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together: egg, sugar, buttermilk, oil, vanilla extract, and sour cream.
- Fold into flour mixture.
- Wash and dry the fruit and dust with flour before adding it to the batter.
- Fold Gently to combine.
- Spray your baking dish with Pam and dust with flour on the bottom.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Decorate as you like.
- Bake in the Preheated 375F oven for 30 min or until golden. This depends on your oven and your baking dish.
- Last 5 minutes of baking is Very Important. It is best when cakes are not overbaked. Judge by color on the edges and by inserting a skewer in the center of the cake, should come out clean.
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Corn starch
- ½ Cup juice (orange juice or any juice. I didn't have Orange juice and used the Pomegranate juice.)
- ¼ Cup water
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- In the medium pan, combine all of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Brush the glaze over the fruit. The glaze will keep the fruit fresh.