Since I had two LARGE buckets of these Delicious blueberries from our U-Pick excursion and we just can’t eat all of them, I’ve decided to bake something BLUEBERRYLICIOUS for us! I have been making this Blueberry Cake for years and it always comes out Perfectly Delicious!
Buddy the Cat, was observing what I was doing and I think secretly wanted a slice! LOL
My son helped me mix all of the ingredients for the cake. We Love baking together!!!
Glaze recipe (makes about 1 cup):
– 1 Cup Powdered sugar
– 2 Tbsp. melted Butter
– 4-6 Tbsp. Milk
– ½ Tsp. Vanilla extract
In the medium bowl, stir together until glaze is smooth.
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- dash of Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup soft light Butter or Margarine
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 Cups Blueberries
- Non-stick Spray
- In a large bowl mix: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together: butter and sugar, add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, add washed and dried blueberries coated with a tablespoon of flour.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter. Be careful not to overmix.
- Spray Bundt with Non-Stick spray (or brush with oil) and dust with flour.
- Bake in the Preheated at 350°F oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden. Time depends on your oven and your baking dish.
- The last 5 minutes of baking is Very Important. It is best when cakes are not overbaked.
- Judge by color on the edges and by inserting a skewer in the center of the cake, should come out clean.
- >>>Glaze recipe (makes about 1 cup):
- - 1 Cup Powdered sugar
- - 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- - 4-6 Tbsp. Milk
- - ½ Tsp. Vanilla extract
- In the medium bowl, stir together until the glaze is smooth.
Always start with room-temperature ingredients. Eggs, butter, and other dairy ingredients form an emulsion which traps air. While baking in the oven, that trapped air expands and makes fluffier baked goods.