Buddy the Cat, was observing what I was doing and I think secretly wanted a slice! LOL
My son helped me mix all of the ingredients for the cake. We Love baking together!!!
Glaze recipe (makes about 1 cup):
– 1 Cup Powdered sugar
– 2 Tbsp. melted Butter
– 4-6 Tbsp. Milk
– ½ Tsp. Vanilla extract
In the medium bowl, stir together until glaze is smooth.
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- dash of Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- ¾ to 1 Cup Sugar *
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup soft light Butter or Margarine
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 Cups Blueberries
- Non-stick Spray
- In a large bowl mix: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together: butter and sugar, add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, add washed and dried blueberries coated with a tablespoon of flour.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter. Be careful not to overmix.
- Spray Bundt with Non-Stick spray (or brush with oil) and dust with flour.
- Bake in the Preheated at 350°F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden. Time depends on your oven and your baking dish.
- Last 5 minutes of baking is Very Important. It is best when cakes are not overbaked. Judge by color on the edges and by inserting skewer in the center of the cake, should come out clean.
- >>>Glaze recipe (makes about 1 cup):
- - 1 Cup Powdered sugar
- - 2 Tbsp. melted Butter
- - 4-6 Tbsp. Milk
- - ½ Tsp. Vanilla extract
- In the medium bowl, stir together until glaze is smooth.
Always start with room-temperature ingredients. Eggs, butter, and other dairy ingredients form an emulsion which traps air. While baking in the oven, that trapped air expands and makes a fluffier baked goods.
My personal Favorite is to use 1 Tablespoon of Coffee Creamer: Bailey's Creme Brulee instead of Vanilla Extract since it gives more flavor.