This Caprese Salad is super EASY to make. I would suggest to make it a few hours to overnight to absorb the flavors. There are so many variations of this salad, but this one looks so Fancy! Don’t you agree? I like the Low Effort – High Impact recipes!
I’ve used 2 large tomatoes: Red and Yellow, but you can use just one.
This Caprese Salad is super EASY to make. I would suggest to make it a few hours to overnight to absorb the flavors.
Author: Crafty Cooking by Anna
Recipe type: Salads
- Large ripe tomato
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar (You can use Salad Vinegar as I have done, since it's lighter in taste, regular wine or lemon juice)
- Minced fresh basil leaves
- Garlic Powder (I've used 1 Tbsp.)
- salt/pepper to taste
- Basil leaves
- Prepare the dressing first.
- Remove the core from the tomato and place core side down on a chopping board. Carefully slice the tomato, stopping at about ¼ inch from the bottom.
- Slice mozzarella cheese, or I bought presliced which made it even easier.
- Place tomato on the plate and slide mozzarella slices in between.
- Drizzle with prepared dressing inside each slice and on top.
- Decorate with a basil leaves.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge to absorb the flavorings.