This Caprese Salad is super EASY to make for any occasion. You can style it so many ways, here are just a few examples for you.
There are so many variations of this salad, but this one looks so Fancy! Don’t you agree? I like the Low Effort – High Impact recipes!
How to make Easy Caprese Salad
- 1 large ripe tomato
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar (You can use Salad Vinegar as I have done since it’s lighter in taste, regular wine or lemon juice)
- Minced fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder or garlic cloves minced
- salt/pepper to taste
- Basil leaves
I’ve used 2 large tomatoes: Red and Yellow, but you can use just one.
- Prepare the dressing first.
- Remove the core from the tomato and place the core side down on a chopping board. Carefully slice the tomato, stopping at about 1/4 inch from the bottom.
- Slice mozzarella cheese or I bought presliced which made it even easier.
- Place tomato on the plate and slide mozzarella slices in between.
- Drizzle with prepared dressing inside each slice and on top.
- Decorate with basil leaves.
- Cover the rest of the dressing with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge to absorb the flavorings.
- Add the rest of the dressing when Caprese salad is served!
Christmas Caprese Wreath Salad
Super Delicious and adds so much to the festive mood of this magical season!
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp raw pine nuts
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In the bowl of your food processor or a blender, combine all of the ingredients above.
- Leave some pine nuts for garnish.
- Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- For best flavor, use immediately, or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Alla’s Birthday Caprese Salad
Tomatoes, fresh basil, and fresh mozzarella.
Good quality Olive oil, minced basil, diced garlic, lemon juice, salt/pepper
I would suggest making it a few hours to overnight to absorb the flavors.
My Birthday Caprese Salad
And yet another variation with pearl mozzarella and kalamata olives!
So now you can see how easy it is to make YOUR OWN BEAUTIFUL CAPRESE SALAD!