[dropcap]I[/dropcap]t was so Funny when my Hubby saw these Cauliflower Fritters he thought they were – Chicken Kotletki and when he tried one, he said it that does taste like chicken with some kind of vegetable mixed in. I definitely fooled him! But, it didn’t stop him from eating several even after the truth was revealed!
These came out so tasty! Usually, vegetable fritters are bland in taste, but with the following ingredients, I think you will agree on the taste. Makes great lunch to work or to school if you are looking for a healthier option.
I’m afraid to call these Healthy since I will probably get a lot of grief since they do have carbs – breadcrumbs, cheese and cream cheese. But, these are still 90 %, give or take – Healthy cauliflower!!!
Delicious vegetarian dinner alternative and super addictive!
You can steam, boil or microwave the cauliflower florets until soft and easy to mash. Drain the liquid and transfer to a large bowl.
Mix the ingredients for the Cauliflower Fritters in a large bowl.
Shape the mixture into patties. You can make them smaller or larger depending on your personal preference.
Fry the patties on medium heat, in a small amount of vegetable oil for about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per side. Cauliflower Fritters will be golden brown and slightly crispy around the edges.
Enjoy the Cauliflower Fritters plain, with sour cream or with an easy Creamy Tzatziki sauce (see below).
- 1 Large head Cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets (about 5 to 6 Cups)
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 Cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Whipped cream cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded cheese (any variety)
- 1 Tbsp. Onion powder
- ½ Tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped herbs (used chives)
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped green onion
- salt/pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. bacon bits (optional)
- Creamy Tzatziki sauce:
- 1 container Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. Whipped Chives cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Dill
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium Cucumber, diced
- You can steam, boil or microwave the cauliflower florets until soft and easy to mash. Drain the liquid and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the ingredients listed above and mix well.
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a frying pan over medium heat.
- Take a large spoonful of the mix and shape into patties with your hands or simply drop a spoonful of cauliflower mixture onto the skillet and flatten with a spatula.
- Cook until golden brown, about 2½ to 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a plate and continue with the next batch.
- Tip: It's easier to work with smaller size patties, they cook faster and easier to flip without them falling apart.
- Serve as is, with sour cream or with an easy Creamy Tzatziki sauce (see Ingredients above).