I had some leftover cooked chicken and a frozen spinach, and since I’ve made Frittatas before, had a Craving for one! Continuing experimentations with the Cream Cheese, seems to add so much flavor to many recipes. Loved this recipe. Makes an Excellent Breakfast or Lunch! Please give it a try.
My behind the scene photoshoot.
Chicken and Spinach Frittata
Author: Crafty Cooking by Anna
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 8 Eggs (actually I had 6 egg whites leftover from the Tiramisu and added whole 2 eggs, you can even make this with just the egg whites as well)
- 2 Cups Cooked chicken
- 1 pkg (10 oz.) Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 2 Tbsp. Whipped Cream Cheese with chives
- 1 Tbsp. Butter (melted)
- 2 Tbsp. Sour Cream
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- ½ Cup Feta Cheese
- ½ Cup Shredded Cheese
- tomatoes, chives, parsley for decoration
- salt/pepper to taste
- Thaw and squeeze dry the frozen spinach.
- In the bowl, mix: spinach, butter, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic and onion powder.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Spray the baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Add the spinach mixture on the bottom. Top with cooked chicken and pour the egg mixture. Add shredded cheese and feta cheese on top. Add tomatoes, chives, parsley, whatever you have on hand. Decorate as you like.
- Bake in the preheated at 350'F oven until the Frittata is golden around the edges - about 30 to 40 min, depending on your oven and your baking dish.