Had some leftover Rotisserie Chicken, frozen spinach and cream cheese. These make great Lunch or a Snack. For my son, I just made: chicken and cheddar cheese combo. You can make 4 Large Puffs with the following recipe.
^ Please click on the pink arrows on the side of the image above to see a slideshow. ^
- Finely chopped cooked chicken, about 2 Cups
- 8 oz. Cream cheese (Used a combination of Chive and Regular, since I didn't have enough Chive whipped cream cheese)
- 1 Can Crescent Rolls (Prefer "Butter Flake")
- 10-ounce package Frozen chopped spinach
- egg/milk for brushing
- sesame seeds (optional)
- First, Thaw the frozen spinach. Choose the Method that works best for you.
- Method 1: In microwave according to package directions.
- Method 2: Running under warm water.
- Method 3: On the stovetop boiling with a bit of water for couple of minutes.
- Drain spinach, squeezing the excess liquid from it.
- In the bowl: mix chicken, cream cheese and the drained spinach. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Open the crescent rolls can. On the floured surface unroll the dough. Pinch together two triangles to make a square. Use a bit of water to seal it. I usually stretch the dough using the rolling pin since I try to reduce the calories, I stretch so I have strong enough dough to hold in the filling, instead of a Thick crust, which is a lot more calories. Add as much filling as you like in the center of your square. Bring the corners to the center (see picture) and wet the edges to seal.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Brush the puffs with a mix of egg and milk, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Leave some room between you puffs.
- Bake in the Preheat 375F oven until golden brown for 15 - 20 min, time depends on the size of your puffs and your oven. Electric ovens bake evenly, you might need to adjust the time for gas ovens.