I have made these delicious and creamy Chicken and Spinach Puffs that are, by the way, very true to their name! PUFF … and they were GONE!!! An easy appetizer or a meal with just 4 ingredients!
I had some leftover Rotisserie Chicken, frozen spinach, and cream cheese.
These puffs make a great Lunch or a Snack. Chicken and Spinach just go so well together!
You can make 4 Large Puffs with the following recipe.
How to make Chicken and Spinach Puffs
- First, thaw the frozen spinach. Choose the method that works best for you.
- Method 1: In microwave according to package directions.
- Method 2: Running under warm water.
- Method 3: On the stovetop boiling with a bit of water for a couple of minutes.
- Drain spinach, squeezing the excess liquid from it.
- In the bowl: mix chicken, cream cheese, and the drained spinach. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Open the crescent rolls can. On the floured surface unroll the dough.
- Pinch together two triangles to make a square. Use a bit of water to seal it. I usually stretch the dough using the rolling pin since I try to reduce the calories, I stretch so I have strong enough dough to hold in the filling, instead of a thick crust, which is a lot more calories.
- Add as much filling as you like in the center of your square.
- Bring the corners to the center (see picture) and wet the edges to seal.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush the puffs with a mix of egg and milk, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Leave some room between your puffs.
- Bake in the Preheated 375F oven until golden brown for 15 – 20 min, time depends on the size of your puffs and your oven.
Serve and Enjoy!