If you like Savory Pies, you will find this Chicken Cabbage Pie incredibly delicious and satisfying. The flavors blend so well together. You can create your own design for this pie.
Mother-in-law Approved! She Loves my cooking and I’m so glad!
She was the one that gave me lessons and as well as handwritten recipes when I was young and inexperienced. Now, it’s all in reverse!
We love braised cabbage, so I’ve made much more than needed for this recipe. I would suggest doing the same since it tastes So Good and makes a Great Low-Carb, Low-Cal snack!
It’s like Unstuffed Cabbage Roll, just serve it warm or cold with a scoop of sour cream. Yummy!
You can use cooked rotisserie meat or saute ground chicken.
How to make Chicken Cabbage Pie
- Heat skillet to Med-High, add Olive oil. Sauté onion until browned.
- Add carrot, sliced cabbage, salt/ pepper, sauté for few minutes.
- Add pasta sauce, and mix well. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add dill and mix well, remove to a plate and let cool.
- If using cooked chicken, skip the following step.
- Add more Olive oil and ground chicken to the skillet, season with salt/pepper, garlic powder (any spices that you like). Stir fry until no longer pink. You can add chicken to the cabbage mix or keep it separate as I have done. Let it cool while you prepare the crust.
Unroll dough and firmly press perforations to seal and use a bit of water to “glue” together.
I usually stretch the dough using the rolling pin since I try to reduce the calories, I stretch so I have strong enough dough to hold in the filling, instead of a thick crust, which is a lot more calories.
You can make a couple of large pies or several small ones. Be Creative.
Add the filling, dill, salt/pepper and cheese.
Place pie (or pies) on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Make slits in the dough.
Bake in the Preheat 375F oven until golden brown for 18 – 25 min, time depends on the size of your pie(s) and your oven.
Similar pie I have made before, with purple cabbage, carrots, and ground chicken. Just as Delicious!