Grilling on my beloved Griddler by Cuisinart again! These Grilled Chicken Kabobs always a big hit in our home! Kabobs are simple to make and delicious to eat.
I have served these Kabobs with healthy Farro. Recipe below.
My son likes them plain without vegetables, so I make a few with just the meat for him. The rest, I add veggies that I have on hand.
I bought Cuisinart Griddler about 6 years ago and use it all the time. I will try to add more recipes to my blog using this wonderful and very useful kitchen appliance.
Use Chicken Breast meat or Thigh meat in this recipe and I have used both.
You can easily customize this recipe to your own preference. Use pork, shrimp, salmon, or whatever vegetables you like.
Assemble the kabobs up to a day in advance and keep them refrigerated until ready to grill, if you like.
I find that you don’t need to presoak wooden skewers in the water before grilling them on the Griddler. You definitely do if you will be cooking kabobs in the oven or on the grill.
I use the “Sear” function that gets up to 500 degrees F. It’s perfect for achieving a nicely browned outer layer while sealing in the juices for a tender and moist interior.
Some models “Sear” on top and bottom, I think mine only works on the bottom, so I flipped the kabobs during cooking.
How to make Grilled Chicken Kabobs on Griddler
– 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast or Thigh meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
– 1 large Bell Pepper
– 1 medium Onion
– 1 Tbsp. Honey
– 3 Tbsp. Teriyaki Sauce
– 2 Tbsp. Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
– 1 Tbsp. Garlic powder or crushed fresh garlic
– 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
– 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
– Sesame Seeds, optional
– pepper to taste
1. In the large glass bowl, prepare the marinade by combining the ingredients listed above.
2. Cut chicken, pepper, and onion into skewer size portions. Add to the marinade and mix well. Marinate at least for 30 minutes to overnight.
3. Thread pieces of marinated chicken and vegetables on each skewer.
4. Preheat the Griddler to High heat, when ready switch to the “Sear” function.
5. Grill for about 3 to 4 minutes per 4 sides (you will have a nice looking cube kabobs). Brush with an additional Teriyaki or Sesame Garlic Sauce during the last minute of cooking and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
6. Cook until nicely browned and the chicken is cooked through.
Farro is an Italian word for ancient wheat variety packed with an amazing amount of protein, fiber, rich in vitamins and minerals. It has a hearty, chewy, almost nutty flavor to it. Farro is not gluten–free.
You should be able to find Farro easily in your grocery store in the same aisle as rice.
I love Farro in the morning with milk as well.
I think once you try, you will use it in your regular rotation.
You can find Farro grain in almost all supermarkets. The top one is from Publix. Below, Preg Farro is from the HomeGoods store.
How to cook Farro in Instant Pot
You can cook Farro on the stovetop as instructed on the package. But I find it easier to cook it in my Instant Pot.
To cook in Instant Pot it’s best to use: semi-pearled or pearled Farro.
I use a rice strainer to rinse grains.
One of the most useful tools for me is this Japanese Rice Washing Bowl, which is inexpensive and you will use it for washing fruits and veggies as well. It makes rinsing so much easier!
A Must-have kitchen gadget!! Buy it below.
Rinse Farro under running water for about 2 minutes or until water is clear.
Drain all water.
Use a ratio of 1.75 parts water (or broth or a mix of both) to 1 part Farro. For example, for 1 cup Farro use 1 3/4 cups liquid.
- Select “Saute”
- When “Hot” add Olive oil/butter (about a tablespoon each) and brown Farro for a couple of minutes. This really improves the flavor of any grain.
- Select “Cancel”
- Add half chicken broth/half water. For 1 Cup Farro – 1 3/4 Cups Liquid
- Add salt/pepper to taste
- Lock the lid and select “Manual”
- Pressure cook on HIGH for 7 minutes al dente (for salads) or 8 minutes softer (for soups)
- When done, natural pressure release for 7 minutes, then quick release.
- If there is any liquid, drain it or mix it with Farro and let it absorb for a couple of minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!