I think you will see every imaginable meatball recipe on my blog. Meatballs, specifically Baked Chicken Parmesan Meatballs have been a staple at my house for many years.
Ground Meat is the most flexible ingredient you can have in your fridge. Just some ideas for you – make Meatballs, Meatloaf, or Patties on a skillet.
You can make meatballs in any style: Asian, Russian, Italian, Greek... just by adding spices to the mix or with a sauce.
You can make it with your own Marinara Sauce recipe or use store-bought as I have done.
You probably can’t see it in the picture well, but I have added caramelized onion and green bell pepper to this recipe for extra flavor as in our favorite The Best Chicken Parmesan Recipe.
You can saute any veggies you have on hand, caramelized onion is a Must for me!
Hot to prepare Baked Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- In the large bowl mix all of the ingredients for the Meatballs. Wet your hands and shape the meatballs.
- Arrange on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs in the preheat at 400F oven until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion, peppers (or any veggies you have on hand), salt, and pepper to taste.
- Cook stirring every few minutes until onions are caramelized and peppers are tender and slightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Add half of the marinara sauce, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and half of the sauteed veggies to the bottom of your baking dish.
- Place baked meatballs on top. Add the rest of the sauteed veggies on top, the rest of marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and chopped parsley.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for another 20 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and serve on top of your favorite pasta.