We love Chicken Stuffed Peppers, actually stuffed with just about anything, they are portable, easy to grab and this time I’ve used a Healthier Seeds of Change Quinoa & Whole Grain Brown Rice with Garlic instead of white rice.
All of my meals usually fall under The Rule of Three: Protein, Starch, and Veggies!
Watch the Video Below on how to make these Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Use this recipe as an idea, an inspiration of sorts to create delicious meals for your family.
When you bake a cake it’s a much more precise process where everything needs to be measured according to the recipe. You can, however, adjust the sugar, and replace some of the ingredients.
But for conventional methods, you can improvise with what you have on hand and add more or less of the ingredients mentioned.
Always Experiment! Taste and adjust to your liking!
I always stock up packages of Seeds of Change Quinoa & Whole Grain Brown Rice with Garlic. It’s super versatile and useful to have on hand on those “too lazy to cook” days. Just pop it into the microwave for 90 seconds and you have a side dish!
The 6 Large Colorful Bell peppers are from Costco as well!
Cover the dish with foil. Bake in the Preheated at 400°F oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
Remove the foil, add shredded cheese and bake opened for another 5 to 10 min, until cheese melted. The peppers should be still crunchy soft and the inside fully cooked.
Serve with Sour Cream, Greek Style Sour Cream or the Nonfat Yogurt.
- 6 Large Bell Peppers
- 2 pounds Ground Chicken (You can use Any Ground meat)
- Olive oil
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- Garlic Powder
- 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
- Montreal Steak seasoning
- Italian Seasoning
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- Pasta Sauce
- 1 package Seeds of Change Quinoa & Brown Rice with Garlic (or 1 Cup cooked rice)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Dill (or dill weed)
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese
- salt/pepper to taste (if needed)
- Heat a large skillet to Medium-Hi, add Olive oil and caramelize onion for a couple of minutes then add chopped carrot.
- Add ground chicken, garlic powder, garlic, Montreal Steak seasoning, Italian Seasoning, Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Add diced tomatoes and pasta sauce, the amount is up to you.
- Stir in a package of Quinoa & Brown Rice with Garlic (cooked rice or any grain you prefer).
- Break meat apart and cook for 15 minutes until no longer pink and cooked.
- Mix well and turn off the heat. Add dill and taste.
- Adjust the flavor by adding salt and pepper, if needed.
- Preheated oven to 400°F.
- If you prefer your peppers on the softer side, Prebake for 10 - 15 minutes
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and stem.
- Line baking dish with a Parchment paper.
- Fill the bell pepper halves with meat/rice mixture.
- Cover the dish with foil. Bake 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil, add shredded cheese and bake opened for another 5 to 10 min, until cheese melted.
- The peppers should be still crunchy soft and the inside fully cooked.
- Serve with Sour Cream, Greek Style Sour Cream or the Nonfat Yogurt.