I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I love this time of the year: the decorations, the songs, the spirit of the season, getting together with the family, the Food!
Wanted to share the dishes from our table this year.
Christmas Roasted Ducks
Parmesan roasted potatoes
How to make Parmesan roasted potatoes:
- Wash and pat dry the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl or a ziplock bag (easier cleanup) with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, Parmesan, and paprika.
- Toss until the potatoes are well coated. Transfer the potatoes to a parchment paper-lined sheet pan and spread out into 1 layer.
- Dust with additional Parmesan cheese and paprika. Roast at 400F for about 20 to 25 minutes depending on the size of your potatoes!
Roasted veggies couscous salad
How to make Roasted veggies couscous salad:
- We absolutely love these “Near East” brand Couscous mixes. They are all DELICIOUS! Just cook according to the package.
- Slice and arrange the veggies you have on hand. Add Olive oil, your favorite spices, and dust with Parmesan cheese.
- Roast in the preheated at 400F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Mix couscous and veggies together. Add Olive oil and a splash of Wine vinegar. Adjust to taste.
Mediterranean chickpeas salad
How to make Mediterranean chickpeas salad:
- can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- cucumber, chopped
- tomatoes, chopped
- radishes, chopped
- red onion, thinly sliced
- chopped kalamata olives
- crumbled feta
- extra-virgin olive oil
- garlic cloves, minced
- splash of white wine vinegar
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Potstickers with mushrooms/onions/peppers
These store-bought chicken and vegetable potstickers (Costco) re super tasty and great when you have company over. Serve them with sauteed onions, garlic, mushrooms, peppers, and tomatoes in Sesame oil.
Russian Vinaigrette salad
How to make Classic Russian vinaigrette salad (Винегрет)
- 2 medium beets, boiled and cubed (or 2 (14.5 oz) cans of beets, drained)
- 3 medium red potatoes, boiled, peeled, and cubed
- 1 medium carrot, or several snack-size carrots, boiled and sliced
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, drained (alternative: use pickles or marinated mushrooms)
- 1 Tbsp. Wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Light olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh dill, chopped
- salt/ pepper to taste
- garnish with Feta cheese (optional)
- Place beets, potatoes, and carrots into a large pot (or boil potatoes and carrots in a separate pot), add cold water and season with salt. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially uncovered, until vegetables are soft, but not mushy.
- Let the vegetables cool off.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients listed and adjust to taste. Enjoy!
How to make Delicious Salad Olivier
- 2 pounds potatoes, boiled, peeled and finely diced
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 small dill pickles, finely diced
- 1 cup canned peas or frozen peas
- carrots (optional)
- dill, minced
- Salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients and enjoy!
Puff Pastry filled with Nutella Christmas Tree
The quick before picture.
How to make Puff Pastry filled with Nutella Christmas Tree:
- package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Nutella chocolate-hazelnut spread, room temperature
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
French Macaroons (Costco)
Always a Fruit Plate!
My Loving Crew!
Merry Christmas, my friends!