This will be my go-to cake! I’m telling you, Super Easy, Basic Ingredients and Fail-Proof coffee cake that everyone seems to love! Can’t go wrong, right?! Bake it on a Snowy Day, on a Rainy Day, with Kids, without Kids, just DO IT!
I used to make this cake all the time. But, I have lost my recipe notes until few days ago when I was looking for something else and FOUND IT! So Happy! Just in time for last Christmas! It made a Beautiful and Delicious centerpiece as you can see!
Another Delicious variation is to add fruit to this recipe. I think Cinnamon pairs Perfectly with apples, but not so much the other fruit. This is just a personal preference, but you can try.
WHY DO THEY CALL IT COFFEE CAKE?
Coffee cake is a term given to foods that are intended to be eaten with coffee, or other brunch type foods. Imagine little cakes you would serve at a tea party or having coffee with a group of friends. There is generally NO COFFEE in the actual cake! It often refers to a sweet cake, with a drizzled white icing or crumb topping, and usually eaten with coffee.
It’s Soft and Fluffy on the inside with perfectly baked honey brown crust outside!
This time I’ve made APPLE CINNAMON RAISIN cake! WOW! My crew LOVED IT!
Didn’t have enough all purpose flour so have used half whole-wheat flour, that’s why it looks darker. Same Great taste!!!
Once you make it and see how Easy and Delicious this recipe is, I’m sure it will become your Family’s Favorite as well!!
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1½ tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- dash of Salt
- ½ Cup melted light butter or margarine
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 8 oz. (1/2 pint) Sour Cream
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup chopped Pecans
- ½ Cup Raisins
- 2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Non-stick Spray
- In a large bowl mix: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together: butter and sugar, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped pecans, raisins and cinnamon.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients gently, careful not to over mix.
- Spray your baking dish with Non-Stick spray (or brush with oil) and dust with flour on the bottom.
- Add ⅓ of pecan/raisin mix, then pour half of the batter, add ⅓ of the mix and the rest of the batter on top. Sprinkle with left ⅓ of the pecan/raisin mix.
- Bake in the Preheated at 350°F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden. Time depends on your oven and your baking dish.
- The last 5 minutes of baking are Very Important. It is best when cakes are not over baked. Judge by color on the edges and by inserting skewer in the center of the cake, should come out clean.