I think this is going to be my Signature dish and Every Week dish for awhile. Hubby Always requests it! It tastes Great when it’s just baked and even cold the next day, as he likes to eat it for lunch at work. I have been packing him lunches for probably 26+ years he’s been working at his job. I Deserve a Gold Watch by now, LOL! Just kidding, he treats me Very Well: I get a room and board (lol), plenty of Affection and Adoration!!! Can’t complain, right?!
It’s best to use The Real Deal – LUMP WHITE CRAB MEAT as the one I have used.
Or use Imitation Crab Meat. Still tastes Superb! You can even add a can of salad shrimp to the mix. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
Wash and pat dry fillets. Season with a bit of salt/pepper. Divide the crabmeat mix equally among the fillets and roll up. Place seam-side down in baking dish. Brush the tops with butter. Sprinkle with salt/pepper and paprika. Garnish as you like. I like to add a slice of lemon on top.
I Love the new Wilton Table server baking dish that I got at Walmart. Great Size! Lightweight, hate heavy baking dishes! Bakes and Cleans – Beautifully! Looks Great as well, you can just Serve in it!
Bake in the Preheated 400°F oven for 35 – 40 minutes, or until cooked through. Time depends on your oven and the thickness of your fillets.
This is an Easy and Healthy 5 star Restaurant Quality dish that you can prepare at Home! Flakey and succulent, this dish is great for entertaining. Packed with tons of great flavors and is so quick and easy to prepare and cook.
- 2 Lbs. Catfish fillets or similar fish
- 2 (6 oz) cans lump white crabmeat, drained, flaked or 1 pkg Imitation Crab meat, sliced
- ½ Cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 Green onions, finely chopped
- 1 Celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- ½ Cup Grated cheese (any)
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- bottom of the baking pan:
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- ½ Cup Wine
- sliced peppers, green onions, or mushrooms, or any veggies you have on hand
- lemon, sliced
- In a large mixing bowl combine: crabmeat, breadcrumbs, onions, celery, mayo, lemon juice, butter, Olive oil, grated cheese and paprika. Mix well and set aside.
- Add Olive oil, butter, wine and salt/pepper to the bottom of your baking pan.
- Chop veggies and add to the bottom of your baking dish. They will absorb the flavors from the fish and the crabmeat filling.
- Wash and pat dry fillets. Season with a bit of salt/pepper.
- Divide the crabmeat equally among the fillets and roll up.
- Place seam-side down in baking dish. Brush the tops with butter. Sprinkle with salt/pepper and paprika. Add a slice of lemon on top.
- Bake in the Preheated at 400°F oven for 35 - 40 minutes, or until cooked through. Time depends on your oven and the thickness of your fillets.