Hubby said that the sauce was a KILLER and to make sure I remember how to recreate this again. LOL Yes, this is how it all started for me.
I would cook different recipes without writing anything down and could Never recreate my successes. I’ve decided to get more organized and since these recipes are so good, why not share them? Right?
Doesn’t this Creamy Mascarpone Chicken look scrumptious?
The ingredients for the Creamy Mascarpone Chicken & Mushrooms Skillet. Simple right? Remember if you don’t have some of the ingredients or not a fan of the mushrooms, for example, just omit or improvise!
Dredge chicken in seasoned flour and saute in butter/olive oil mixture until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
Saute sliced onion, mushrooms and garlic to the pan for about 3 to 5 minutes, until mushrooms are slightly limp.
Add white wine and broth, scraping up all the bits in the bottom of the pan, Mascarpone cheese and mustard. Blend well. Add chicken back to the pan and simmer for about 10 minutes. Adjust the taste with salt/pepper and garnish with chopped parsley.
Garnish with additional parsley.
I just love all of my Food Molds that I have bought on Amazon. Here are some of the ones I have. You can purchase here:
(Crafty Cooking by Anna is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com)
- 2 to 3 pounds boneless skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. Onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 1 pound Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Cup White wine
- 1 Cup Chicken broth
- 1 Cup (8 oz.) Mascarpone cheese or plain cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. dry Mustard (or use Dijon mustard)
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Mashed Potatoes
- 3 Large Baking potatoes
- ½ Cup milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil on Medium-High heat.
- On a large plate, mix: flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and salt/pepper.
- Dredge chicken in seasoned flour and saute in butter/olive oil mixture until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat to Medium, add sliced onion, mushrooms and garlic to the pan. Sauté for about 3 to 5 minutes, until mushrooms are slightly limp.
- Add white wine and broth, scraping up all the bits in the bottom of the pan.
- Add Mascarpone cheese and mustard. Blend well.
- Add chicken back to the pan and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Adjust the taste with salt/pepper and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or pasta.
- Mashed Potatoes:
- Peel, wash and cut potatoes into smaller pieces. Place potatoes into a medium saucepan. Add cold water to the pan until the potatoes are covered. Add a teaspoon of salt to the water. Turn the heat on to high, and bring the water to a boil. Reduce the heat to low to maintain a simmer, and cover. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until soft. Drain water.
- In a small saucepan bring to heat: milk, butter, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Add hot mix to boiled potatoes and mash.
- Add salt/pepper.