Normally Beef Stew takes a long time to make. The meat comes out mushy and has a boiled-like texture. I’ve decided to cut down on time and make the meat more Steak-like. It came out better than I’ve expected! Hooray!
Is there a dish more comforting than a HEARTY BEEF STEW?
My family especially liked the meat, it’s soft on the inside but NOT mushy and full of flavor!
The sauce was Unbelievable!!!
If you’re like me and like to dip a piece of bread into the beef stew gravy, you will Love this recipe!
How to make Beef Stew
Ingredients for the Beef Stew.
- Season the meat with garlic powder, Montreal steak, steakhouse onion burger, caraway seeds, and salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 20 – 30 minutes to absorb.
- Meanwhile, add oil to the pan and caramelize the onion.
- Transfer to the bottom of your baking dish.
- Brown the meat on Med-Hi, for about 5 – 10 minutes. Add on top of the onions.
- Add peeled and sliced potatoes, brown in oil, and add on top of the meat.
- Add sliced carrots, tomatoes, and celery, sauté for few minutes.
- Add flour and mix in with veggies.
- Add broth and wine. Mix well until the sauce thickens.
- Add bay leaves and chopped parsley.
- Pour or top of the potatoes and meat.
- Add canned peas.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in the preheated at 375F oven for about 1 1/2 hours, or until meat and potatoes are tender.
This is wonderfully-flavored, tender, and hearty Beef Stew recipe is a perfect dish to warm up your winter days or whenever you crave comfort food!