Is there a dish more comforting than hearty beef stew? My family especially liked the meat, soft on the inside, but Not mushy and full of flavor! The sauce was Unbelievable!!! If you’re like me and like to dip a piece of bread into the sauce, you will Love this one!
Ingredients for the Beef Stew.
Brown the meat on Med-Hi, for about 5 – 10 minutes.
Brown the potatoes and add to the baking pan.
Bake Covered in the Preheated 375F oven for about 1 1/2 hours, or until meat and potatoes are tender.
- 1½ lbs cubed beef stew meat
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1 tsp. montreal steak seasoning
- 1 tsp. steakhouse onion burger
- 1 tsp. garlic powder seasoning
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium stalk celery, sliced
- 2-3 medium red potatoes (or russet potatoes)
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- small can of peas
- 1 can ( 14.5 oz) chicken or beef broth (low sodium)
- ½ cup wine (burgundy, red, marsala)
- 3-4 tbsp. flour (depending on how you like your sauce thick or watery)
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- oil (light olive or vegetable)
- salt/pepper to taste
- Season the meat with garlic powder, montreal steak, steakhouse onion burger, caraway seeds and salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 20 – 30 minutes to absorb.
- Meanwhile, add oil to the pan and caramelize the onion.
- Transfer to the bottom of your baking dish.
- Brown the meat on Med-Hi, for about 5 – 10 minutes. Add on top of the onions.
- Add peeled and sliced potatoes, brown in oil and add on top of the meat.
- Add sliced carrots, tomatoes, and celery, sauté for few minutes.
- Add flour and mix in with veggies.
- Add broth and wine. Mix well until the sauce thickens.
- Add bay leaves and chopped parsley.
- Pour or top of the potatoes and meat.
- Add canned peas.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in the Preheated 375F oven for about 1½ hours, or until meat and potatoes are tender.