If you are tired of making meatloaf consider these Easy Meatloaf Cups! They are super quick and easy to put together for an after-school snack, quick dinner, or as a party appetizer. Individual portions baked in the muffin tin.
I was struggling last night with what to make for dinner. I had a beef chuck, baby potatoes and Brussels Sprouts that I buy weekly since they make an excellent low-cal side dish.
My hubby was so surprised that in less than an hour we had this fabulous and delicious meal! Hubby just looked at my pictures and said: “too bad that you can’t see how these Easy Meatloaf Cups taste, do we still have some left???” My son doesn’t like Brussels sprouts just yet, so for him, I always steam broccoli as a side dish.
This muffin tin meatloaf recipe is perfect for kids and adults!
Super quick and easy to put together for an after-school snack, quick dinner, or as a party appetizer!
Which meat to buy:
Look for meat labeled “Ground Chuck,” which is a more flavorful cut.
Ground beef usually is labeled according to how lean it is, so a package labeled 90 percent ground beef means the meat has 10 percent fat. You might think less fat is better, but when it comes to burgers, you need a little fat for flavor and juiciness.
Meat with 15 percent to 20 percent fat is ideal. Save the extra-lean stuff for recipes calling for browned ground beef, such as pasta sauces or casseroles, since you’ll be crumbling the meat and draining off the fat anyway.
How to make Easy Meatloaf Cups
- In a large bowl, combine meatloaf ingredients and mix well.
- You can use muffin cups for easier cleanup or spray with No-Stick Cooking Spray and brush the entire cups.
- Divide into 12 portions; press each onto the bottom and up sides of a greased muffin cup. Add cheese to centers.
- Bake in the Preheated at 375°F oven for 20-25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve immediately with additional pasta sauce and cheese if desired. Or cool, place in freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
I have served these Moist and Delicious Meatloaf Cups with our favorite PARMESAN BACON ROASTED POTATOES!
I usually use both shelves of my oven, baking meat on one shelf and starches or veggies on the other.
This saves on time and energy!
We love potatoes!
They’re easy to cook, inexpensive, hearty, and complement almost any dish, and warm potatoes are the ultimate in comfort food.
Our favorite are the baby Dutch yellow potatoes or similar baby yellow or red potatoes. They have excellent taste and are easy to prepare in the oven or on the stove.
- Wash and pat dry the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl or a ziplock bag (easier cleanup) with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, Parmesan, and paprika.
- Toss until the potatoes are well coated. Transfer the potatoes to a parchment paper-lined sheet pan and spread out into 1 layer.
- Dust with additional Parmesan, paprika, dry dill or parsley, and BACON! Roast at 400F for about 20 to 25 minutes depending on the size of your potatoes!
This time, since I was baking Easy Meatloaf Cups at the same time, I have reduced the temperature to 375F, same results.
For those that don’t know, and I didn’t at one point as well until my Super Smart and Perceptive son showed me while we were shopping at Publix that there is a product called – BACON BITS!
You can add it to pizza, salads, roasted potatoes, or any recipe that you want to add bacon flavor. You can find this product next to Salad Dressing, Mayo, croutons…
There is one vegetable that I buy EVERY WEEK – Brussels Sprouts!
We love it as a side dish with any meal. I usually roast Brussels Sprouts along with anything else I’m baking, but wanted to make it on the stove to get this Gorgeous bright green color and to saute them with shallots and green onions for more flavor.
Pan-Browned Brussels Sprouts recipe
- Trim Brussels sprouts and halve lengthwise.
- Dice garlic cloves and shallots (the amount is up to you).
- In a large skillet, combine the Light Olive oil and let the Brussels sprouts cook for approximately 3 -5 minutes.
- Add garlic and shallots.
- Cook over moderate heat, just until the garlic is golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of your favorite wine and sliced tomatoes.
- Cook for a minute. Season to taste and serve.