My family loving calls this Easy Teriyaki Chicken – Crack Chicken! It is incredibly tasty and very addictive. You will love this quick and easy dinner idea that tastes better than takeout.
You can make your own Fried Rice as well. Easy recipe below.
But, I love to CUT CORNERS whenever I can. And Costco always saves a day for me.
I always have this Japanese-Style Fried rice in my freezer for those lazy days when I don’t feel like cooking. It’s better than the fried rice you get at the takeout and I like to upscale it as you can see in the video by adding eggs and broccoli.
This fried rice mix comes with grilled chicken, but it doesn’t have much taste so you can easily mix it with Easy Teriyaki Chicken.
You can use Chicken Breast meat or Thigh meat in this recipe and I have used both as you can see.
Please watch the video below on how to make an Easy Teriyaki Chicken Fried rice dinnerThe very cute Retro Black Polka Dot Apron that I’m wearing is a gift from my cousin! I love it!
You can purchase it on Amazon.
Easy Teriyaki Chicken Serving Suggestions
Serve with Fried rice (recipe below).
You can serve this Easy Teriyaki Chicken with white rice and steamed broccoli!
EASY WHITE RICE in Instant pot. Click here for the recipe
You can toss the broccoli in the hot skillet alongside chicken or microwave for 90 seconds and serve.
I’ve used breast meat.
Remember that you can make your own FRIED RICE and I often do as well, but when we decided to shoot a video, I had Costco’s fried rice on hand and thigh meat and wanted to show you that there are many variations on how easy it is to make a delicious meal in no time!
How to make Easy Teriyaki Chicken Fried rice dinner
- 1/2 Cup Low Sodium Teriyaki sauce (our favorite is Veri Veri Teriyaki Low Sodium, use good quality Teriyaki sauce since it makes a difference)
- 1/4 Cup Low Sodium Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- Mix teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Adjust to taste; you might want to add more honey or more soy sauce.
- Add cornstarch to the mix until dissolves.
Other variations as seen on Pinterest:
EASY TERIYAKI CHICKEN WITH SAUTEED BELL PEPPER AND BROCCOLI!
- Add sliced bell pepper and broccoli to the hot skillet when your Easy Teriyaki Chicken is cooked.
- Toss for 2 – 3 minutes to absorb the sauce and flavorings.
- Cook until the vegetables are barely tender, stirring frequently.
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. light olive oil
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups. cooked long-grain rice
- 3-4 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- frozen veggie mix
- salt/pepper to taste
Heat a large skillet over high heat.
Add butter and oil, cook garlic until fragrant.
Add cooked rice, sesame oil, soy sauce, and cook for a couple of minutes stirring until heated through.
Move rice to the sides making a room to cook the eggs.
When eggs are cooked, add mixed veggies.
Mix well and serve.
I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as my family does. I try to give you many detailed options so you can create meals that work for you and your family.