Healthy, Creamy and Delicious soup for when the weather gets cooler. I prefer to use sour cream instead of heavy cream for a creamier taste. We enjoyed this soup for a couple of days with a piece of crusty Italian bread. Yum! This recipe is definitely a Keeper!
“Pin” for later: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/574349758703063791/
- 1 head Cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 head Broccoli, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks Celery, diced
- 1 medium or several small Carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 green Onions, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 2 Bay leafs
- 6 Cups Low-Sodium chicken broth
- 1 Cup Sour cream
- ½ Cup Bacon bits (optional)
- ½ Cup Fresh Parsley (or Dill)
- ½ Cup Shredded cheese (used Six Cheese Italian)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, add butter and olive oil. Brown the chopped cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, celery and half of green onions for few minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add diced garlic and brown for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and bay leafs, bring to boil. Reduce the heat and add sour cream. Mix well. Add the remaining chopped green onions, parsley, bacon and cheese and simmer for 2 minutes. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.