I knew I should have no problem fixing it since cooking lamb is easy! In a bit more than an hour, we had this INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS meat! I would have added mushrooms and onions, but my son would complain. I did add on the side along with Instant Pot buckwheat that goes so well with lamb! Try it!
As you can see Costco has the best price per pound on Premium Australian Lamb!
How to cook Instant Pot Leg of Lamb
Pat dry lamb, rub with Olive oil, season and add chopped Garlic in open cavities.
Get Instant Pot ready.
Select “Sauté” mode, when Hot, brown lamb on all sides.
Add 2 Cups Chicken Broth (or any broth you have on hand) and bay leaves (about 2).
Select “Meat/Stew” and enter 60 minutes, again depending on the size of your lamb. This one was a big boy, 5+ pounds. You can pressure cook 45 minutes for a smaller size lamb.
Let the Instant Pot come down with a natural pressure release.
Should I remove the netting?
Make sure to remove the outer plastic wrapping paper of the lamb. Be careful not to cut the netting that holds the de-boned leg of lamb together. You can safely saute and roast with the netting and remove it before slicing and serving.
Actually, the Lamb gets more even tender and flavorful in the next few days. I keep sliced lamb in the leftover gravy and it absorbs all the moisture and seasoning.
If you plan to make it for the holidays, you can make it a day or two in advance and have it ready. Just make a few sides and you are done! Easy!
I just served it for my in-laws 56th Wedding Anniversary dinner! SO GOOD!
- Leg of Lamb roast 5+ pounds
- McCormick Montreal Steak seasoning
- McCormick’s Grill Mates Mesquite
- Onion powder
- Bay leaves
- Olive oil
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- Pat dry lamb, rub with Olive oil, season and add chopped Garlic in open cavities.
- Get Instant Pot ready.
- Select “Sauté” mode, when Hot, brown lamb on all sides.
- Select “Cancel”.
- Add 2 Cups Chicken Broth and 2 Bay leaves.
- Lock the lid and put the float valve in the “sealing” position.
- Select “Meat/Stew” for 60 minutes, again depends on the size.
- Let the Instant Pot come down with a natural pressure release.
- Carefully lift the lamb roast out of the pressure cooker and transfer to a platter.
- Carve the meat into servings and serve with the sauce straight out of the pot or thicken the sauce with a bit of flour or cornstarch.
- Keep sliced lamb in the leftover gravy, it will continue to absorb all the moisture and seasoning.
- Store in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.