I have finally polished my Sushi Rice skills thanks to my Instant Pot! It’s super EASY to make and comes out perfectly cooked and Sticky every time.
Hubby and I, love Sushi Rolls and it has been a struggle to make the perfect rice for the sushi. With this method, it takes almost no time at all and you have consistent results!
I use some of the rice for Sushi and the rest, I just make a simple Fried Rice with eggs, soy sauce, green onions, sometimes add carrots and peas as well.
The key ingredient to the most Testiest Fried Rice is – drumroll, please… – BUTTER!!!
We went to many Japanese Grill restaurants and I have observed how they make it so incredibly delicious every time. They add a LOT OF BUTTER!
How to Cook Perfect Instant Pot Sushi Rice
These are some of the ingredients you will need to make the Perfect Sushi Rice!
One of the most useful tools for me is this Japanese Rice Washing Bowl, which is inexpensive and you will use it for washing fruits and veggies as well. It makes rinsing the rice so much easier!!! Must-have kitchen gadget!! Buy it below.
- Place rice in the Japanese Rice Washing Bowl or similar strainer.
- Rinse rice under running water for about 2 minutes or until water is clear.
- Drain all water.
- Transfer rice to Instant Pot.
- Add water. Use a 1:1 ratio for Rice to Water. If you cook 2 cups of rice – add 2 cups of water.
- With a wooden spatula gently mix water and rice.
Use the “RICE” setting for 12 minutes.
After cook time, allow pressure to Naturally Release for 10 minutes.
- While your Sushi Rice is cooking, prepare the seasoning.
- In a small bowl combine white wine vinegar, rice wine vinegar, salt, and sugar.
- Microwave for 1 minute and stir until completely dissolved.
- After your rice is cooked, transfer it to a glass dish.
- Use a wooden spoon to add vinegar mixture.
- Gently mix to combine.
You are now ready to
MAKE SOME ROLLS!
I know many people shy away from Sushi since they believe it means RAW FISH, it doesn’t have to be. My family doesn’t like RAW FISH, so I make SUSHI ROLLS with cooked ingredients.
Recently I have made two COOKED ingredients inside rolls: Shrimp Tempura Roll with Avocado and Volcano Roll with imitation crab meat.
Shrimp Tempura Roll (click on the image for the recipe)
Volcano Sushi Roll (click on the image for the recipe)
I have made these Rolls for our > Asian-Themed dinner
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below!
I hope you will find this post useful! I tried to be as detailed with every recipe as possible which takes a lot of time and effort. If you use and like any of the recipes, please let me know!