You will love this Italian Pasta with Anchovies recipe!
In Italian cooking, anchovies are extremely common. Fresh anchovies are delicate little white fish and are very tasty. Baked fresh anchovies do not taste “fishy” or salty. The combination with pasta makes this a divine, upscale dinner you will surely enjoy!
We travel the world through food!
FRESH ANCHOVIES ARE DELICATE LITTLE WHITE FISH
HOW TO PREPARE ITALIAN PASTA WITH ANCHOVIES
- 1 1/2 pound fresh anchovies (sardines, smelts, or any small fish), cleaned & deboned
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 wine (White, Marsala, or your favorite)
- 1 lemon, the juice, and zest
- 2 small cloves of garlic cut into thin slices
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 Tbs. sun-dried tomatoes
- Kalamata olives
- cherry tomatoes halved
- bell pepper, sliced
- Fresh parsley
- salt/pepper to taste
- Pasta – 1 pound spaghetti, bucatini, or linguine
(Remove the head as well, I just kept it for the pictures!)
- You can assemble your dish and bake right away or let the anchovies marinate for an hour or overnight in the fridge.
- Assemble and bake in a preheated oven in the middle rack at 350F for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Prepare pasta according to the directions on the package while anchovies are baked.
You will absolutely love the sauce. All these wonderful flavors that are mixed together are absolutely delicious mixed with pasta!
In Greece, sardines, anchovies, and herring are served with legumes like lentils, chickpeas, and beans. The combination not only is delicious but also nutritional.