Lobster Bisque is usually creamy and smooth. This is a heartier Chowder-like version of this unbelievably delicious soup!
With a piece of crusty French bread, it’s more of a meal than just a soup. I’m sure you will love this recipe as much as we did. Your family will feel like they are dining at a 5-star Restaurant!!!
This Lobster Bisque soup is special enough to serve on Valentine’s!
Rich and flavorful Lobster Bisque is an easy recipe to make at home.
I’ve been asked: “Where do I find Seafood Broth?“
Obviously, you can make your own, but to cut down on time and effort, I like to use packaged Seafood Broth.
I have found this Swanson Seafood Cooking stock at Publix last time, but couldn’t find it this time.
But, I did find these two brands of Seafood stock at Walmart! So be sure to check!
I have used the one on the right – Seafood Broth, all 32 oz – 4 cups! It is Delicious!
Ingredients Used To Make Lobster Bisque
- Lobster meat: Use 2 or more lobsters. I’ve used a package of wild-caught Langostino lobster package the previous time. Langoustines are smaller than lobster but taste similar to lobster. You can use shrimp, crab, imitation crab, imitation lobster, or even salmon in this recipe.
- Seafood stock: You can find prepared Seafood Stock at many supermarkets, Walmart, or buy it on Amazon. (see links below).
- Hearty fillers: potatoes, mushrooms, celery, carrot, and onion, which add so much flavor and texture to the Lobster bisque.
HOW MANY LOBSTERS SHOULD I USE IN THIS RECIPE?
I’ve used 2 as you can see in the video. This recipe is super flexible.
This soup is very delicious on its own, but the Lobsters do add an extra flavor and fanciness to this recipe. So the amount is up to you.
What’s the difference between Bisque and Chowder?
Bisques and chowders are simply two types of thick soup. Bisque is generally smooth while chowder is chunky. With this recipe, you have the option of making one or the other.
You can omit mushrooms and potatoes and blend the soup into a Bisque!
HOW TO MAKE LOBSTER BISQUE
Let’s get our ingredients ready and start cooking
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Medium Potatoes, peeled, cleaned, and cubed
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 stalk Celery, chopped
- 1 Medium Carrot, chopped
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 32 oz. or 4 cups Seafood Broth
- 1 1/2 cups Half and Half milk (or use Half whole milk, half heavy cream)
- 4 tsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. squeezed Lemon juice
- 2 or more Lobsters, cooked and cubed (you can use crab, shrimp, or salmon)
- salt/pepper to taste
- dill and green onion for the garnish (or your favorite herbs)
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add potatoes, mushrooms, celery, carrot, and onion. Cook and stir until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add smoked paprika and flour, mix well.
- Stir in the Seafood broth, tomato paste, and lemon juice. Stir until well blended.
- Blend in half-and-half milk.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked.
- Stir frequently until soup thickens.
- Adjust the flavor with salt and pepper.
- You can pour the mixture into the blender if you like.
- Add the Lobster meat at the very end, simmer for 5 minutes until heated.
- Garnish with fresh dill, chopped green onions, or your favorites!
- Serve and Enjoy!
This soup is more of an experience than just your regular soup.
After making the instructional video for this recipe my hubby couldn’t stop eating this soup. We each had two plates. It is SO GOOD!
Enjoy your Lobster Bisque!
1 pkg. 8 oz. Langostino lobster
This recipe is so yummy and the process is very easy. My family loves it. I added quinoa for a side meal as this soup for our dinner main course nothing else. Thank you Anna for sharing many great recipes. Happy tummy happy life 🥰🥰. Hello from Taiwan 🇹🇼
Thank you so much, dear Lina, for your feedback! So happy your family enjoyed this soup! Hello back from Florida!
what size package of langostino lobster?
I’ve used 1 pkg. 8 oz. Langostino lobster. Use 1/2 or 1 pound Lobster meat cooked and cubed (you can use crab, shrimp or salmon).
Where can I get seafood broth? I live in Tacoma, WA and I’ve never seen it offered anywhere for sale.
Lovey, you can find Seafood stock at Walmart and on Amazon https://amzn.to/3qFZ6MM (affl link).
Comment *Brilliant! Your recipe here is the closest to the one in the seashore restaurant in Santa Barbara. Thank you!
Thank you so much! So glad you liked this recipe!