[dropcap]H[/dropcap]ope everyone had a Wonderful Father’s Day celebrating the Men in your life! I have been blessed to have a Wonderful, Loving and Caring husband that I appreciate and CHERISH daily! Wanted to make a casual, but Delicious meal for my Husband and my Father-in-law!
My in-laws have been like parents to me since I was 16 years old. Always cared and supported me! I’m so glad that my Father-in-law is doing better and able to come and celebrate with us!
Every time I’m shopping at Costco, I make sure to pick a bag of Baby Eggplants. The smaller version of the larger purple skinned eggplant is often called Italian or Baby Eggplant. These have a somewhat more intense flavor and the flesh is much more tender! I also find Baby Eggplants to be less bitter and I do not presalt them prior to using. The Zucchini and Yellow Squash I had on hand from Publix.
This Mediterranean Roasted Eggplant, Zucchini and Yellow Squash Fans is a Perfect dish for parties or every day! Healthy and Delicious!
To make any veggies more Flavorful, I like to add Light Vinegar, such as Salad Vinegar or Rice Vinegar. It adds this marinated flavor that gets even better the next day. Just splash as much or as little as you like. I hope you will give it a try!
Roast Veggies in the Preheated at 400 F degrees oven for 40 minutes. Remove and add Feta cheese and Drizzle with Light Vinegar!
Doesn’t it look BEAUTIFUL served?
- 4 or 5 small eggplants, or 2 large
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 small yellow squash
- ⅓ Cup Mayo, Sour Cream or plain Greek yogurt for Healthier option
- 3 Tbsp. Ranch dressing
- 1 Tbsp. Dill paste (or dill weed)
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into thin rings
- Havarti, Muenster or similar cheese
- chopped parsley
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Light Vinegar, such as Salad Vinegar or Rice Vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the eggplants, zucchini and yellow squash. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Cut the vegetables into thin slices, cutting to within 1 inch of stem end.
- Cut tomatoes into thin rings.
- Cut square sliced cheese into thin strips (1/2 to 1 inch).
- In a small bowl, mix mayo, ranch dressing, dill paste, olive oil and minced garlic.
- Brush inside every slice of the veggies.
- Place veggies on a parchment paper-lined baking pan.
- Stuff each veggie slice with tomato and sliced cheese.
- Add chopped parsley on top and drizzle with Olive oil.
- Roast veggies in the preheated at 400 F oven for 40 minutes (time depends on your oven and size of your veggies).
- Remove and drizzle with Light Vinegar.
- Add Feta cheese and additional parsley.
- Serve and Enjoy!