Mediterranean Roasted Eggplant, Zucchini, and Yellow Squash Fans with Cheese and Tomatoes make a delicious and beautiful appetizer or a side dish!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Father’s Day celebrating the Men in your life! I have been blessed to have a wonderful, loving, and caring husband that I appreciate and CHERISH daily! Wanted to make a casual, but delicious meal for my Husband and my Father-in-law!
My in-laws have been like parents to me since I was 16 years old. Always cared and supported me! I’m so glad that my Father-in-law is doing better and able to come and celebrate with us!
Every time I’m shopping at Costco, I make sure to pick a bag of Baby Eggplants.
The smaller version of the larger purple-skinned eggplant is often called Italian or Baby Eggplant.
These have a somewhat more intense flavor and the flesh is much more tender! I also find Baby Eggplants to be less bitter and I do not pre-salt them prior to using them. The Zucchini and Yellow Squash I had on hand from Publix.
This Mediterranean Roasted Eggplant, Zucchini and Yellow Squash Fans is the perfect dish for parties or every day! Healthy and Delicious!
How to make Mediterranean Roasted Eggplant, Zucchini, and Yellow Squash Fans
- 4 or 5 small eggplants, or 2 large
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 small yellow squash
- 1/3 Cup Mayo, Sour Cream or plain Greek yogurt for a healthier option
- 3 Tbsp. Ranch dressing
- 1 Tbsp. Dill paste (or dill weed)
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into thin rings
- Havarti, Muenster or similar cheese
- chopped parsley
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Light Vinegar, such as Salad Vinegar or Rice Vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
To make any veggies more flavorful, I like to add Light Vinegar, such as Salad Vinegar or Rice Vinegar.
It adds this marinated flavor that gets even better the next day.
Just splash as much or as little as you like. I hope you will give it a try!
- Roast Veggies in the Preheated at 400 F degrees oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove and add Feta cheese.
- Drizzle with Light Vinegar!
Doesn’t this look BEAUTIFUL served?!