Mini Salmon Cakes make a super delicious appetizer! I have made similar with canned Crab meat and Tuna before. Easy to grab and pack for lunch for those looking for some quick breakfast and lunch ideas.
The perfect appetizer when you have people over and want to serve something delicious and easy!
You can serve them with Tzatziki (see below) or store-bought Tartar sauce.
I buy canned tuna, salmon and chicken all the time for fast lunches and when I don’t feel like cooking. You can just make a simple salad and serve it on top. Plus we are in Florida, so when the hurricane season comes around my pantry is full of these cans! Better be safe than sorry!
Just a few ingredients and you ready to bake!
How to make Mini Salmon Cakes
- 2 (6 oz.) cans Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Cup Whipped Cream cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh dill or dill weed
- 1 Scallion, diced
- tomato and lemon slices for garnish
- Drain salmon, remove skin and bones, and flake.
- In a large bowl combine the ingredients listed. Mix well. Adjust to taste.
- Spray mini-muffin pan with Non-Stick spray and fill with Salmon mix.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and garnish, if desired.
- Bake in the Preheated at 350°F oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Let cool inside the pan for 5 minutes and gently remove to a plate.
Creamy Tzatziki sauce:
- 1 container plain Greek Yogurt (5 oz.)
- 1 Tbsp. Whipped Chives cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Dill
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium Cucumber, diced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- salt/pepper to taste
In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients for the Tzatziki sauce.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.