Baked this Deliciousness again recently.
This is my Go-To recipe. It takes very little time to put together, about 15 to 20 minutes and then baking time around 30 minutes. I use my double-proportion recipe most of the time and my Large Rachael Ray Cookie Pan (11″ x 17″) that is about to die since I use it so much. Your baking time will vary depending on the baking pan you choose.
These bars can last in the refrigerator for about a week, you can easily reheat it in the morning. I call it my pancakes-alternative recipe. My son Loves it in the morning with a bit of powdered sugar on top.
I use A LOT of fruit on the bottom, probably 2 pounds. Sometimes I decorate, other times when lazy, the easiest way is to spread all the fruit on the bottom and just spread the batter thinly on top. Easy, right?
Wash and dry the fruit and dust with flour before adding it to the batter. You can fold the fruit Gently into the batter, or add it on the bottom and pour batter on top. Either method works.
Decorate as you Like! Have Fun with it!!!
Add LOTS OF COLOR!
Slice into squares/bars and Enjoy!
Or use just Apples, like Sharlotka!
Once you make it and see how Easy and Delicious this recipe is, I’m sure it will become your Family’s Favorite as well!!
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 4 tsps. Baking powder
- dash of Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Buttermilk or 1 Cup Milk + 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 2 (5.3 oz) Any flavor Yogurt, used Dannon Light & Fit Greek Nonfat Yogurt Cherry flavor (has only 80 calories each)
- 6 Tbsp. Oil (used Canola or use Light Olive Oil)
- 2 Tsps. Vanilla extract
- Any fruit, about 3 – 4 cups if using a cookie sheet or 2 Cups if using Bundt shape
- Non stick spray
- In one bowl mix: flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together: eggs, sugar, buttermilk (or milk + lemon juice mix), oil, vanilla extract and yogurt. If you are using Plain yogurt add more sugar to the recipe.
- Fold into flour mixture.
- Wash and dry the fruit and dust with flour before adding it to the batter. You can fold the fruit Gently into the batter, or add it on the bottom and pour batter on top. Either method works.
- Spray your baking dish with non stick spray (or brush with oil) and dust with flour on the bottom or use parchment paper. Pour batter into prepared pan. Decorate as you like.
- Bake in the Preheated 375F oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Time depends on your oven and your baking dish.
- Last 5 minutes of baking are very Important. It is best when cakes are not overbaked. Judge by color on the edges and by inserting skewer in the center of the cake, should come out clean.