My son has asked me to bake a Chocolate Cake for New Year’s and he absolutely loved this one. It tastes just like Chocolate Brownie Cake with it’s soft and fudgy consistency. The EASIEST Chocolate Cake that uses simple ingredients and little time and effort to put together.
WHAT MAKES THIS CAKE SPECIAL is – CHOCOLATE! If you look at most Chocolate cake recipes, most use cocoa powder, I use CHOCOLATE in this recipe and you TASTE the difference.
I wanted to give this cake a WOW Factor, so I’ve come up with an Easy decorations that makes it stand out!
This cake fits my baking criteria:
- The least amount of Calories/Carb and still must have a Great taste
- Under 2 Cups of Flour
- Under 1 cup of Sugar
- Under 1/2 cup of Butter
Well… we are almost there with this one.
Sometimes you just have to “splurge“!
“All in Moderation” is my Motto! Agree?
What is so distinct about this chocolate cake is the brownie-like texture, moist and crumbly! This is going to be your favorite chocolate cake recipe!
HOW TO MAKE One-Bowl Fudgy Chocolate cake
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
½ teaspoons baking soda
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
dash of salt
½ cup of semisweet chocolate chips or one 4 oz. chopped chocolate bar
6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, cut into pieces
¾ cup to 1 Cup of sugar (see Notes below)
1 cup of milk
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 Cup good quality chocolate chips
Melting Dark chocolate
White chocolate bar
- In a large bowl, melt chocolate and butter in the microwave.
- While warm, add sugar and whisk together.
- Stir and whisk one egg at a time.
- Add milk and vanilla extract.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Gently mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Don’t over-mix.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on the bottom of the 9-inch cake pan. Or spray Baker’s Joy Baking Spray with flour and brush the sides of the Bundt pan.
- Pour half the batter into a greased pan. Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and add the rest of the batter on top.
- Bake in the Preheat to 350F oven for 25 to 30 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out dry.
- You can simply melt dark chocolate in the microwave and pour on top of the cake and add white chocolate shavings on top.
- For Fancier decorations, melt additional chocolate in the microwave.
- Roll out wax paper.
- Add a drop of chocolate onto paper and with a toothpick spread the chocolate.
- Let it dry for few minutes and attach decorations with melted chocolate.
- Brush the top of the cake with melted chocolate as well.
- Decorate with embellishments and crushed nuts.
If you decide to bake just the Chocolate Cake without melted the chocolate on top, use 1 Cup of sugar.
These Ghirardelli Dark and White Chocolate Melting Wafers are my favorite by far. Super easy to melt these in the microwave.
I usually melt them 30 seconds at a time.
I hope the picture above will make it easier for you to create these easy decorations.
Or bake this delicious cake in the Bundt shape pan and simply melt dark chocolate in the microwave and pour on top of the cake and add white chocolate shavings on top. Easy!
(Crafty Cooking by Anna is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com)