Orange Chocolate Almond Cake (Gluten-Free)! Super light, rich and flavorful! Sophisticated flavor, yet takes less than one hour to make.
I always cook/bake in my head first, after years of experience I kinda know how the flavors blend together. I love Chocolates with Almonds and Orange, so I’ve decided that these flavors will complement each other perfectly! I was right!
This Orange Chocolate Almond Cake is AMAZING!
I wanted to bake an Almond Cake for such a long time. I have bought Almond flour and started looking for the perfect recipe, there are so many out there.
I think you will like how easy, with just a couple of ingredients to make this light and airy Orange Chocolate Almond Cake!
My Family LOVED IT!
My son is extremely picky, so I gave him a sliver to try first so as not to waste it.
WOW! He actually LOVED it! I was so happy! Now I have another winning recipe for us!
For my first Orange Chocolate Almond Cake, I’ve used Unblanched Almond Meal, you can use either for this recipe it will come out crumbly and moist either way.
I have decided to use 1 tsp. of baking powder since it helps the cake to rise better.
Orange Extract is great to have on hand just like Vanilla Extract, it adds so much flavor to your baking goods!
How to make Orange Chocolate Almond Cake
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs separated, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange extract or zest of one orange
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate chips
- Separate the egg whites and yolks into two separate bowls.
- With a hand (or stand) mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks until creamy in color, slowly add the sugar and beat until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Add the almond meal, baking powder, and orange extract. Beat until combined.
- With a spatula, fold one-third of the egg whites into the almond flour mixture. When incorporated, fold another third of the egg whites into the almond flour mixture, and then the remaining third of egg whites should be folded in.
- Pour the batter into a prepared parchment paper-lined 9″ springform pan or non-stick sprayed 9″ cake pan.
- Sprinkle the top with 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Bake in the Preheated at 350F oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Release the springform pan and place the cake on a serving plate.
- Microwave the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds on HIGH, stir, then microwave in 30-second intervals.
- Drizzle on top of your cake.
- Decorate with fruit.
Decorate with melted chocolate and fruit!
This Orange Chocolate Almond Cake is super light and is perfect in the morning with a cup of coffee!
We loved the first Orange Chocolate Almond Cake so much, and it’s not big as you can see, I’ve decided to bake us another one.
I wanted to bake it in one of my Beautiful Bundt shapes but was afraid that it will stick to it and not come out clean.
As you can see, it baked BEAUTIFULLY in my Bundt shape pan!
I’ve brushed the bundt pan with Pam Happy Baking No-Stick Cooking Spray, with Flour!
I’ve used my favorite melting chocolates. These are the Best tasting and so easy to melt in the microwave!
Just drizzle over your cake and add roasted sliced almonds! DELICIOUS!
(Crafty Cooking by Anna is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com)