This was a 5 Star dinner if I can pat myself on the back. Hubby and I Loved it!!! My son, unfortunately, only tolerates Salmon at this age. Oh well, maybe one day…
The Fresh Market had a Great Deal on the Wild Alaskan Cod and Shrimp this Saturday. Cod was $6.99 regularly $13.99, and the shrimp $6.99 regular price $11.99. I always check the email flyer for Deals! They will have the same deal this Saturday, again, and you know where I’m going?! I’m hooked on this recipe.
Since Cod has a Mild Delicate taste, it goes really well this Delicious Lemon/Butter sauce. Since we try to cut down on carbs, I don’t make rice and pasta as we used to, I buy packaged Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice and have a little of it on the plate.
Another thing that I Absolutely Love is this new Butter Blast spice (The Fresh Market, for the local folks), which is basically: Butter flavor, garlic, parsley, and salt. I’m sure you can find a similar product.
How to make Parmesan Baked Wild Alaskan Cod with Lemon Butter Sauce:
In a shallow bowl, mix together mayo and lemon juice. Dredge the fillets.
On the large plate, mix together Parmesan cheese and spices. Press the fillets into the mixture.
Place fish in a single layer on a parchment-covered baking sheet.
Bake in the Preheated 400ºF oven for 12 – 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Remove and put under broiler for 2 minutes.
Another presentation with sauteed vegetables with Parmesan, garlic and olive oil. So DELICIOUS!
I hope you will try it!
- 2 Lbs. Wild Alaskan Cod
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Butter Blast spice (you can use garlic powder and parsley)
- 2 tsps. Onion powder
- 2 tsps. Paprika
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ Cup White wine or Chicken broth
- 1 Cup Milk (used 2%)
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Parsley (or any herbs on hand)
- 2 Tbsp. Diced Green onion
- salt/pepper to taste
- In a shallow bowl, mix together mayo and lemon juice. Dredge the fillets.
- On the large plate, mix together Parmesan cheese and spices. Press the fillets into the mixture.
- Place fish in a single layer on a parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Bake in the Preheated 400ºF oven for 12 - 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove and put under the broiler for 2 minutes.
- For the sauce:
- Heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add wine, milk and lemon juice. Lower the heat to medium; whisk in the flour. Add parsley and green onions. Stir for 2 minutes and adjust the favor.
- Remove from heat and serve over fish.
Baked Shrimp Recipe:
Make a mix of:
– 1 stick Light Butter, melted
– 2 Tbsp. Light Olive oil
– 2 Tbsp. squeezed Lemon juice
– 2 Tbsp. Garlic powder
– 1 Tbsp. Dill paste (or fresh)
– 1 Tsp. Paprika
Adjust to taste.
Brush on the bottom of your cookie sheet and on top of the shrimp.
Bake in the preheated 400F oven for about 10 min or at 350F for 13 to 15 min. Same results.
This was So Delicious; not overcooked, Perfect color and Crispness.