This quick and easy Parmesan Baked Wild Alaskan Cod with Lemon Butter Sauce is a simple yet rich, flavorful dish that everyone will love.
This was a 5 Star dinner if I can pat myself on the back. Hubby and I loved it!
The Fresh Market had a Great Deal on the Wild Alaskan Cod and Shrimp this Saturday.
Cod was $6.99 regularly $13.99, and the shrimp $6.99 regular price $11.99. I always check the email flyer for Deals! They will have the same deal this Saturday, again, and you know where I’m going?!
I’m hooked on this recipe.
Since Cod has a mild, delicate taste, it goes really well with this delicious Lemon/Butter sauce.
I have served Baked Cod with Seeds of Change Organic Quinoa & Brown Rice with Garlic and Baked Shrimp.
Baked Shrimp Recipe:
– 2 pounds of shrimp
– 1 stick Light Butter, melted
– 2 Tbsp. Light Olive oil
– 2 Tbsp. squeezed Lemon juice
– 2 Tbsp. Garlic powder
– 1 Tbsp. Dill paste (or fresh)
– 1 Tsp. Paprika
Adjust to taste.
Brush on the bottom of your cookie sheet and on top of the shrimp.
Bake in the preheated 400F oven for about 10 min or at 350F for 13 to 15 min. Same results.
I have found this new Butter Blast spice at The Fresh Market, which is basically: Butter flavor, garlic, parsley, and salt. I’m sure you can find a similar product locally.
How to make Parmesan Baked Wild Alaskan Cod with Lemon Butter Sauce
- 2 pounds Wild Alaskan Cod
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Butter Blast spice (you can use garlic powder and parsley)
- 2 tsp. Onion powder
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 cup White wine or Chicken broth
- 1 cup Milk (used 2%)
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Parsley (or any herbs on hand)
- 2 Tbsp. Diced Green onion
- salt/pepper to taste
- In a shallow bowl, mix together mayo and lemon juice. Dredge the fillets.
- On the large plate, mix together Parmesan cheese and spices. Press the fillets into the mixture.
- Place fish in a single layer on a parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Bake in the Preheated 400ºF oven for 12 – 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove and put under the broiler for 2 minutes.
- Heat butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add wine, milk, and lemon juice. Lower the heat to medium; whisk in the flour. Add parsley and green onions. Stir for 2 minutes and adjust the flavor.
- Remove from heat and serve over baked Cod.
You can use frozen Cod if you thaw it first. Make sure to pat the fish dry with paper towels.
For best results – use Fresh Cod!
Another presentation with sauteed vegetables with Parmesan, garlic, and olive oil. So DELICIOUS!
I hope you will try it!