My story is the same as of many immigrants that came from the former the Soviet Union and found a WELCOMING HOME with freedom to pursue one’s happiness! I can write a book on my experiences as do many. I can’t express enough how much I LOVE this country and this pie is a small token of it! Hope you will make it and Enjoy it!.
It’s super easy to make as many of my recipes.
Fold a piece of aluminum foil to create a strip and place on top of dough to create separation. Pour blueberry mix into one side and strawberry mix into another.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries, raspberries and cherries, hulled and sliced
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp. corn starch
- 4 Tbsp. plain cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Creme Brulee coffee creamer or 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Sugar for dusting
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Spray pie baking dish with Pam non-stick cooking spray or Baker's Joy.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a pie baking pan.
- Trim excess dough to make round shape. Set aside.
- In one bowl: add blueberries, ¼ cup sugar, 2 Tbsp. corn starch, 2 Tbsp cream cheese and 1 Tbsp creamer. Toss to coat.
- In another bowl: add strawberries, ¼ cup sugar, 2 Tbsp. corn starch, 2 Tbsp cream cheese and 1 Tbsp creamer. Toss to coat.
- Fold a piece of aluminum foil to create a strip and place on top of dough to create separation.
- Pour blueberry mix into one side and strawberry mix into another.
- Remove foil.
- On lightly-floured surface, unfold another pastry sheet.
- Cut out stripes and stars.
- Place on top of the fruit mixes.
- Crimp the edges with a fork.
- Brush the pie with the beaten egg wash and dust with sugar.
- Cover the edge of the crust with a strip of foil.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes and then reduce to 375F and bake for an additional 15 minutes until the crust is golden brown.