This Patriotic Mixed Berry Pie makes a beautiful centerpiece for the 4th of July, Memorial Day or anytime you want to celebrate this GREAT country of ours!!!
My story is the same as of many immigrants that came from the former Soviet Union and found a WELCOMING HOME with the freedom to pursue one’s happiness!
I can write a book on my experiences as do many.
I can’t express enough how much I LOVE this country and this pie is a small token of it!
Hope you will make it and enjoy it!.
It’s super easy to make as many of my recipes.
How to make Patriotic Mixed Berry Pie
- Spray pie baking dish with Pam non-stick cooking spray or Baker’s Joy.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a pie baking pan.
- Trim excess dough to make a round shape. Set aside.
- In one bowl: add blueberries, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp. corn starch, 2 Tbsp cream cheese, and 1 Tbsp creamer. Toss to coat.
- In another bowl: add strawberries, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp. corn starch, 2 Tbsp cream cheese and 1 Tbsp creamer. Toss to coat.
- Fold a piece of aluminum foil to create a strip and place on top of dough to create separation.
- Pour blueberry mix into one side and strawberry mix into another.
- Remove foil.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold another pastry sheet.
- Cut out stripes and stars.
- Place on top of the fruit mixes.
- Crimp the edges with a fork.
- Brush the pie with the beaten egg wash and dust with sugar.
- Cover the edge of the crust with a strip of foil.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes and then reduce to 375F and bake for an additional 15 minutes until the crust is golden brown.