Pork Tenderloin in Creamy Mushroom Sauce and Pasta Dinner is perfect for any night of the week. Full of flavor and super easy to prepare!
Doesn’t this Pork Tenderloin in Creamy Mushroom Sauce with Pasta dinner look scrumptious?
Hubby said that the sauce was a KILLER and to make sure I remember how to recreate this again.
Yes, this is how it all started for me.
I would cook different recipes without writing anything down and could never recreate my successes. I’ve decided to get more organized and since these recipes are so GOOD, why not share them? Right?
WHY YOU SHOULD MAKE PORK TENDERLOIN IN CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
- It’s a simple one-pan dish that is ideal for those busy mid-week dinners. Flavorful and easy to prepare in just 30 minutes. The whole family will enjoy it.
- Pork tenderloin is the most tender cut of pork and economical as well.
- Fancy enough to serve when you have guests over.
- Delicious over pasta, rice, couscous, mashed cauliflower or mashed potatoes,
NOTE: You can use any meat/poultry with this recipe.
This recipe is extremely flexible and you can improvise with the ingredients that you have on hand:
- Substitute wine for chicken stock and 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar or salad vinegar
- Use Sour cream, Half & Half milk, or Cream cheese
Pork tenderloin is one of my favorite meats to have in the fridge or a freezer. It’s super versatile, naturally tasty, and easy to prepare!
It’s one of the rare (and inexpensive) cuts of meat that does not take a long time to cook through and the meat is always super juicy and one can practically cut the meat with a fork.
The quick and easy mushroom sauce is flavored with Marsala wine, which has such a delicious and distinct flavor and pairs perfectly with mushrooms.
HOW TO MAKE Pork Tenderloin in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Slice Pork tenderloin into several medallions, about 1-inch thick.
- On a large plate or use a zip lock bag (easier to toss out) mix flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and salt/pepper.
- Dredge Pork medallions in seasoned flour and sear them in light olive oil on Medium-High heat until golden brown. Set aside to a warm place.
- Reduce heat to medium, and add a tablespoon of butter and light olive oil.
- Add sliced onion and mushrooms to the pan.
- Sauté until mushrooms are browned and onions caramelized.
- Add garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour (use leftover flour if you like) or corn starch and mix well.
- Add Marsala or white wine and chicken broth, scraping up all the bits in the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in 1/2 cup sour cream (you can also use 1/2 cup Half/Half or Cream Cheese).
- Return cooked pork to the pan and simmer for 1 – 2 minutes until the sauce thickens into a gravy consistency (it will thicken more as you serve).
- Adjust salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook your favorite pasta according to the directions on a package.
- Add to the pan and mix with Creamy Mushroom Sauce.
- Garnish with chives, thyme, dill, or fresh parsley.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Notes: This sauce is so delicious that you may want to double it.
I’ve made this delicious recipe again but used Fresh Buitoni Linguine Refrigerated Pasta which is so tender and cooks in only 2 minutes!
You can have this Delicious Meal in no time! Pork Tenderloin in Mushroom Sauce is the ultimate comfort food!
Restaurant-worthy meal that is ready in under 20 minutes!
This Pork Tenderloin in Creamy Mushroom Sauce is perfect for any night of the week.
More Pork recipes you might like: