This PUMPKIN CHEESE BALL has a creamy and delicious filling covered in cheddar cheese! It’s super easy to make with just 4 ingredients! Perfect party recipe since you can make it days in advance.
Cheese and crackers are a simple treat that we all love. I’m sure this Pumpkin Cheese Ball will be a hit at your next party.
With the coming Holidays season, you will want to make this recipe again and again.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE PUMPKIN CHEESE BALL
- Cream cheese
- Chives and Onion cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Plastic wrap
- Kitchen twine or rubber bands
- Crackers, apple slices, celery sticks, carrot sticks…
- As with most recipes using cream cheese, it needs time to soften, so plan ahead to let the cream cheese come to room temperature.
- You can use a blender with this recipe or if you like less cleaning as I do, just mix by hand!
- If you want a large Pumpkin ball, just double the recipe or make two or 2 smaller ones.
- You can use prepackaged shredded cheese as I have, but if you want a prettier and smoother-looking Pumpkin Cheese ball, I highly recommend grating your own cheese.
- These ingredients are pretty basic, but you can easily adjust this recipe to your liking. For stronger flavor, use SMOKED PAPRIKA, pepper, fresh herbs…
- 2 Cups or 8-oz sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 8-oz package of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 8-oz container chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 tsp paprika
- plastic wrap
- kitchen twine or rubber bands
- Stem: cucumber, bell pepper, broccoli stalk, carrot stick…
- Set cream cheese out to soften.
- Mix cream cheese, chive and onion cream cheese, paprika, and half of the cheddar cheese in a large bowl until well blended.
- Place a double layer of cling wrap out on the counter, long enough to wrap the cheese ball in.
- Place the rest of the shredded cheddar in the middle of the plastic wrap.
- Scoop cheese mix on top of shredded cheese or form a cheeseball; it’s up to you.
- Use the remaining cheese to cover the entire ball, pressing as you go.
- Tightly wrap up the shredded cheese-covered cheeseball with plastic wrap.
- Tie a few strands of kitchen twine or use rubber bands to create to form pumpkin ridges in your cheese ball.
- Let the cheeseball firm up for at least one hour to overnight in the fridge.
- Cut and remove the kitchen twine and plastic wrap when ready to serve.
You can use cucumber, bell pepper, broccoli stalk, carrot stick…
I’ve decided to use these little cucumbers from Costco!
Bell Pepper stem is another great option.
- Use a sliced small cucumber as a stem and insert it into the cheeseball.
- Serve with crackers and veggies.
- Eat and enjoy!
For serving: crackers, apple slices, celery, carrots…
That’s how I served this Pumpkin Cheese Ball last year.