I prefer to start many of my recipes by sautéing or frying in the pan first. It creates a crust and gives extra flavor to the food, in my opinion. It also cuts down on the baking time.
To make the this Beautiful stacked shape you will need to buy a Food Rings Mold, sold at your local stores or Amazon.
- 1 Large Eggplant
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Large Orange Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Tomato
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- Parsley or Dill, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar or Wine Vinegar
- salt/pepper to taste
- In the large skillet, add a tablespoon of Olive oil and sauté sliced onion for couple of minutes on Med-High until browned. Remove to a plate. Add more Olive oil to a skillet. Cut the Eggplant and Bell peppers into chunks. Add to a skillet and sauté until starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Add sliced tomato, minced garlic cloves, dill and salt/pepper, cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add sautéed onion and mix together. Adjust the flavors.
- Transfer to a baking pan. Roast in the Preheated at 350F oven for 30 min. Let it cool. Add vinegar and mix well.
- You can make this salad a day ahead since the flavor is even better the next day.
- Garnish with dill or parsley (I've used Onion Sprouts this time) .