[dropcap]I[/dropcap] was so inspired to make this delicious spread after seeing an Ajvar recipe post in my group by a very talented cook – Beatrice! We LOVE Mediterranean Cuisine! This Roasted Eggplant and Pepper Spread may not look like much, but the Taste is Unbelievable!!! Highly Addictive!
You can serve it on top of pasta, with a toast or with Low Carb toasted tortillas which makes an excellent Low-Carb, Low-Cal lunch or anytime snack!!! Serve it hot or cold, tastes equally delicious.
Roast in the preheated at 400F oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the vegetables are browned and soft.
Place the vegetables in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse until blended. Add olive oil, lemon juice and adjust the taste by adding salt and pepper.
This is a Perfect Dip for your upcoming parties. I’m sure your guests will Love it!!!
- 2 medium eggplants
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp. good olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tsp. dill or parsley (fresh or dry)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- feta cheese to garnish, optional
- Cut the eggplants, bell peppers, onion and tomatoes into quarters.
- Add garlic cloves without peeling, just squeeze out the flesh after roasting.
- Spread them on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and dust with salt/pepper.
- Roast in the preheated at 400F oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned and soft.
- Cool slightly.
- Place the vegetables in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse until blended.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, squeeze out garlic flesh, add dill weed, garlic powder and adjust the taste by adding salt and pepper.