We LOVE Mediterranean Cuisine! This Roasted Eggplant and Pepper Spread may not look like much, but the taste is unbelievable and highly addictive!
You can serve Roasted Eggplant and Pepper Spread on top of pasta, with toast, or with Low Carb toasted tortillas which makes an excellent Low-Carb, Low-Cal lunch, or anytime snack!
Serve it hot or cold, tastes equally delicious.
How to make Roasted Eggplant and Pepper Spread
- Cut the eggplants, bell peppers, onion and tomatoes into quarters.
- Add garlic cloves without peeling, just squeeze out the flesh after roasting.
- Spread them on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and dust with salt/pepper.
- Roast in the preheated at 400F oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned and soft.
- Cool slightly.
- Place the vegetables in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse until blended.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, squeeze out garlic flesh, add dill weed, garlic powder and adjust the taste by adding salt and pepper.
This is a Perfect Dip for your upcoming parties. I’m sure your guests will Love it!!!
This recipe looks great. Quick question: do you blend the eggplant with the skin or you throw the skin out after it’s done roasting?
Also, do you all the garlic flesh in with the rest of the veggies when pulsing?
Thanks. Please let me know. I’d love to try making this.
So glad you like this recipe, Shoshana! To answer your question to live the skin on the eggplant or to remove it after it’s done roasting is up to you. I have made this recipe with the skin on, without the skin and with partial skin on. It still tastes great! Just squeeze out the garlic flesh and pulse with the rest of the roasted vegetables. Enjoy!