I saw this head of purple cauliflower at the new Sprouts Farmers Market. It looked like regular cauliflower that had been bathed in lavender dye and knew I had to make something with it. The color was just too pretty to pass up. It tastes like regular cauliflower, but that purple is just so vibrant.
I’m so excited to have a new place to shop, the new Sprouts is beautiful inside and carries items that other supermarkets don’t. Their own brand is wonderful quality! We tried Sprouts Rotisserie chicken BBQ flavor, WOW – Delicious!
GARLIC PARMESAN ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS mixed with other veggies on hand is a staple at our home! This time my purple cauliflower joined the party!
Preheat oven to 400F.
Place cauliflower florets, Brussels sprouts, sliced bell peppers, tomatoes, green onions, and minced garlic onto a large baking sheet. Drizzle with Olive oil and toss mixture together to evenly coat. Sprinkle with plenty of salt/pepper and Parmesan cheese. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender. I often add a tablespoon of salad or wine vinegar for extra flavor.
Cook Quinoa according to the recipe on the package. This one from Target is Absolutely Delicious! Love the red color as well.
This salad looks incredible served, wouldn’t you agree? A wonderful combination of colors and flavors!
My behind the scene picture for those that are interested. I’m loving Food Photography! It has rocked my world!
- Roasted Vegetables:
- 1 medium head cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1+ pound Brussels sprouts halved lengthwise
- small bag salad peppers or 1 large bell pepper
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onion stalks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup uncooked red quinoa
- Salad Dressing:
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained (use all or half)
- salt/pepper to taste
- green onions to garnish
- To Roast Vegetables:
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place cauliflower florets, Brussels sprouts, sliced bell peppers, tomatoes, green onions, and minced garlic onto a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle with Olive oil and toss mixture together to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle with plenty of salt/pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- I often add a tablespoon of salad or wine vinegar for extra flavor.
- Cook quinoa according to the directions on the package.
- To Prepare the Salad:
- In a large serving bowl combine the cooked quinoa, roasted vegetables and chickpeas.
- Pour all of the dressing ingredients and toss together.
- Adjust the taste.
- Serve warm or cold.