Vibrant, Healthy, and Delicious beet salad! This is salad is delicious cold the next day after it had absorbed all the flavors.
If you love beets, you’re going to love this beet potato salad! It’s very addictive!
Bought Delicious sauerkraut from the Russian store and decided to put it to a good use. You can use any store bought or make your own.
Mix together beets and the rest of ingredients. Adjust to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
My behind the scene photo. I have added some feta cheese on top, but it’s for decoration purposes only. For some reason with my selection of a dark plate and a dark salad, it needed something light to balance it. You know sometimes an idea takes over you and after a while, you think “why did I do this?”, right?
Russian Vinaigrette Salad (Vinegret, Винегрет)
Vibrant, Healthy and Delicious beet salad! This is salad is delicious cold the next day after it had absorbed all the flavors.
Author: Crafty Cooking by Anna
Recipe type: Salads
- 2 medium beets, boiled and cubed (or 2 (14.5 oz) cans of
- 3 medium red potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium carrot, or several snack size carrots, boiled and sliced
- ½ large onion, chopped
- ½ Cup sauerkraut, drained (alternative: use pickles or marinated mushrooms)
- 1 Tbsp. Wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Light olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh dill, chopped
- salt/ pepper to taste
- Place beets, potatoes, and carrots into a large pot (or boil potatoes and carrots in a separate pot), add cold water and season with salt. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially uncovered, until vegetables are soft, but not mushy.
- Let the vegetables cool off.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients listed and adjust to taste. Enjoy!