Vibrant, fresh, and healthy Russian Vinaigrette Salad! This is salad is even more delicious cold the next day after it had absorbed all the flavors.
If you love beets, you’re going to love this beet potato salad! It’s very addictive!
Bought Delicious sauerkraut from the Russian store and decided to put it to good use. You can use any store-bought or make your own.
How to make Russian Vinaigrette Salad (Vinegret, Винегрет)
- 2 medium beets, boiled and cubed (or 2 (14.5 oz) cans of beets, drained)
- 3 medium red potatoes, boiled, peeled, and cubed
- 1 medium carrot, or several snack-size carrots, boiled and sliced
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, drained (alternative: use pickles or marinated mushrooms)
- 1 Tbsp. Wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Light olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh dill, chopped
- salt/ pepper to taste
- Place beets, potatoes, and carrots into a large pot (or boil potatoes and carrots in a separate pot), add cold water and season with salt. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially uncovered, until vegetables are soft, but not mushy.
- Let the vegetables cool off.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients listed and adjust to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
My behind the scene photo. I have added some feta cheese on top and I love this untraditional addition.