These simple and delicious Salmon Zucchini Patties/Gnocchi make the perfect quick and healthy lunch or dinner.
I normally shop with a partial list of the things that I need at the grocery store. In most cases, I buy the “Basics”: meats – Chicken ( boneless, ground, thighs), Pork, Lamb or Beef, and Fish. Milk, eggs, low-carb tortillas, low-carb bread, and LOTS of fruit and veggies!
I have the rice and pasta in my pantry in case I need them. I can always make something interesting from these ingredients.
This Salmon Zucchini Patties/Gnocchi was one of my many original recipes gone right!
Shopping with my Son is always Challenging and Extremely Funny at the same time!!!
I HAVE to HAVE a COMPLETE LIST of what I need to buy if I’m to shop with him.
He keeps the list and reads what we need next and “NO Looking around for Additional stuff”. If I look at something else, I get: “Is this on the list, MOM? If not, Move On!”.
He is a Natural Born Manager!!! Probably will be, one day! But, there are things that he likes (hee hee) that are NOT on the list, like BACON! So if he looks at it, Guess what I ask???? Payback time!!! We make a Great team, Always!
A day before, I’ve made a delicious Broiled Salmon and had some leftover, plus zucchini and the Farmer Cheese that I was planning to use for the Beloved Russian Sirniki.
But, I had this “Crazy” idea of using the farmer cheese for a Savory dish instead.
Well… Good luck finding a good one! Americans almost never use it and Russians use it for just a couple of recipes.
I found that Ricotta cheese is used for making Gnocchi, so this gave me an idea of combining what I had on hand and see if this will work.
Gnocchi is normally boiled, sometimes boiled, and then fried. Since I like Instant Gratification, I decided to skip a step (boiling) and it Worked!!!
I’ve made delicious sautéed onions and tomatoes mix in wine sauce to go with them. Yummy!
How to make Salmon Zucchini Patties/Gnocchi
- In the large mixing bowl, add flaked salmon, egg, parmesan, and farmer cheese.
- Shred zucchini and squeeze as much liquid as possible. Add to the bowl, mix all together.
- Add salt and pepper and adjust the flavor.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Place in the refrigerator for 20 min, it will be easier to shape later.
- Take the Salmon-Zucchini mix out of the refrigerator.
- Place on the floured surface.
- Take a large spoonful of the mix and roll it into a log.
- Cut into several segments. Roll each into flour and set aside.
- Continue with the rest.
- Or, you can make the mix into the patties, as I have done.
- Take a spoonful of the mix into your hands, roll into a ball, flatten on the floured surface and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the veggies by heating the skillet to Med-Hi.
- Add Olive oil and sauté the sliced onion first, until translucent and starting to brown.
- Add sliced tomatoes and diced garlic, sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add wine, lemon juice, butter, and salt/pepper. Adjust to taste.
- Heat a large pan on medium, add Olive oil and gnocchi or patties.
- Cook for a couple of minutes on each side until golden brown.
- They should be crispy on the outside and Soft on the inside.
- Serve with the sautéed veggies and additional chopped parsley.
This is one of the Tastiest meals!
Serve with the sautéed veggies and additional chopped parsley!
Since this was an experiment, I decided to make some Gnocchi and the rest into patties. Both are Delicious.
Obviously, the patties are easier to make and take less time. So whatever you have the Patience for, is Your Choice! Enjoy my friends!