I’ve been wanting to try making Seafood Paella recipe for such a long time and it came out better than I anticipated. Hubby said that it’s a “Fiesta of flavors!“. He loved it and asked for seconds!
It looks so Beautiful served, as you can see, yet easy enough to make for a weeknight dinner.
You can adjust the flavor to your liking by making it spicier or less. That’s the beauty of cooking at home is that you can control the flavors.
This is NOT authentic Spanish Paella, but an EASY version of the classic Spanish dish. Delicious enough to serve to company, if desired.
This recipe uses a saffron rice mix, that you can find by the other rice mixes in your local grocery store.
I have used both Vigo and Mahatma brands equally well.
You can vary the quantities of seafood and also use crab, crayfish, or lobster (boil them separately).
I have bought these Mussels at Super Walmart, but I’m sure you can find them at many of your local supermarkets or use raw mussels and precook them.
How to make Seafood Paella
- Bring chicken stock and wine to boiling.
- Add a package of Vigo Yellow Rice. Stir well while boiling for 1 minute and spread the rice out evenly in the pan.
- Cover the saucepan tightly and let simmer, undisturbed, for 20 – 25 minutes.
- When rice is cooked (taste test) add cooked mussels, shrimp, corn, and peas on top.
- Cover and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.