I’m constantly trying to revamp the beloved recipes and finding a healthier alternative. This Shrimp and Scallops in Creamy Greek Yogurt and Mushroom Sauce worked out so well and absolutely delicious! You can use this sauce with seafood recipes, as I have done, or any other meat.
Bought these super tasty Wild Shrimp on Sale at The Fresh Market. Love that store!!! The Scallops I had on hand from Publix.
How to make Shrimp and Scallops in Creamy Greek Yogurt and Mushroom Sauce
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package and set it aside.
- Heat light olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the shrimp and scallops with salt and pepper and add them to the pan. Cook until the shrimp have turned pink, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp and scallops from the pan. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic cloves, and cook until lightly browned.
- Add broth and wine. Mix yogurt and flour in a bowl. Add to the pan and reduce the heat. Stir until smooth.
- Add peas, green onions, parsley, Parmesan cheese, cooked pasta, shrimp, and scallops.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Adjust to taste.
The sauce is similar to Alfredo but SO MUCH HEALTHIER!
You will LOVE this Easy and Incredibly Delicious, Creamy, Luscious dinner!
hi…can i substtute alfreddo suce for the chicken broth,wine…my 5 grandkids are all under 13 with no health issues but have a taste preference…lastly is ok to still use the yogurt…thanks….
You should be able to, Nicholas. My recipes are very flexible and adjustable to personal taste.
When in the instructions should the chicken broth be added?
Just fixed the instructions. Add broth and wine.
What is the nutritional value? Couldn’t find it. I would like to make it weight watchers friendly if I can.
Victoria, unfortunately, I don’t have that information. Try to adjust this recipe if you can.
I needed to let you know that your recipe was amazing. My husband is currently at goal for Weight Watchers (he lost 50 pounds this last year) and he needs a large amount of quality healthy food. I actually used non fat greek yogurt and non fat feta for the recipe and my husband said not to change anything.
Thank you for cleaning up the recipe and reducing the fat, you don’t need much to make a delicious meal.
Oh Linda! What a joy to read your comment! Thank you! I know how difficult it is to find a delicious and healthy meal that is easy to prepare. Congrats to your Hubby! 50 pounds – WOW! Maybe you will find other recipes on my blog that will work for both of you!