I’m constantly trying to revamp the beloved recipes and finding a healthier alternative. This Shrimp and Scallops in Creamy Greek Yogurt and Mushroom Sauce worked out so well and absolutely delicious! You can use this sauce with seafood recipes, as I have done, or any other meat.
Bought these super tasty Wild Shrimp on Sale at The Fresh Market. Love that store!!! The Scallops I had on hand from Publix.
How to make Shrimp and Scallops in Creamy Greek Yogurt and Mushroom Sauce
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package and set aside.
- Heat light olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the shrimp and scallops with salt and pepper and add them to the pan. Cook until the shrimp have turned pink, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp and scallops from the pan. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they begin to soften about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic cloves, cook until lightly browned.
- Add wine. Mix yogurt and flour in a bowl. Add to the pan and reduce the heat. Stir until smooth.
- Add peas, green onions, parsley, Parmesan cheese, cooked pasta, shrimp, and scallops.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Adjust to taste.
The sauce is similar to Alfredo, but SO MUCH HEALTHIER!
You are going to LOVE this Easy and Incredibly Delicious, Creamy, Luscious dinner!