What to make with all that leftover Rotisserie Chicken or the Holiday Turkey Goodness??? These Chicken Veggie Fritters are Simply – Amazing! Perfect for the Kids and Adults! You can eat these for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner.
WATCH VIDEO BELOW
I always grab a Nice, Juicy Rotisserie Birdie while shopping at Costco! But, since we are more Dark Meat lovers in my family, I’m always looking for a creative way to use up this juicy white meat. I’ve made stuffed peppers with it, used it in wraps and made ton of Chicken Salad. I think this one is probably the Favorite for us!
I usually serve these fritters with a Homemade cucumber/dill dip. (recipe below)
The Key Ingredient and what makes these Fritters – super Creamy and Soft is the Cream Cheese!!! Since Costco’s rotisserie has a lot of flavor in it, I didn’t add any salt or pepper. Do adjust the flavor for your meat.
I would suggest the first time you make them, try to follow the recipe. The problem is you will not have an exactly 3 Cups of shredded cooked chicken, you might have more or less. Adjust the recipe to the ingredients you have on hand.
I have a new appreciation for people who make videos. It may look easy, but it’s not. Even-though you can only see my hands, still I had the “performance jitters”. Then, I realized that my “tools of destruction” look too funky for the video. As you can see I like color and my knives are colorful. Then light issues, angles, positions and etc…. The fun part of cutting, gluing and speeding up comes next. Definitely labor of love!
I’m so Thankful to my AMAZING Videographer – my Hubby for his support and time helping me on my cooking journey!!!
Hope you will find this video useful since this recipe – truly Delicious! Enjoy!
- 3 Cups shredded cooked chicken (you can use turkey as well)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3 Tbs. of Cream Cheese (plain or with Flavor), Mayo or Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Flour or Corn Starch for a Gluten-free diet
- 1 tomato
- 2 green onions/scallions
- 1 to 2 Tbs. herbs: dill, parsley, chives
- salt/pepper, if needed
- In the large bowl, mix the ingredients for the fritters. You may need to adjust the flour since this depends on the water content of your tomatoes. The mixture should be thick in consistency.
- Heat up the skillet to Medium (if using Stainless steel pans), add Olive or Vegetable oil.
- Add spoonful of the mixture and shape these into patties with your spoon. Since the chicken is cooked, it only takes about 2 - 3 minutes to cook on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate. Repeat procedure for the rest of the fritters.
- Serve with tomatoes and scallions, with Sour Cream or with Cucumber dip (see below).
- Use this recipe as a guide, you can substitute or add ingredients according to what you have on hand.
- 1 Tbsp. Cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. dill
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- salt/pepper to taste
Mix the ingredients for the cucumber dip and serve.