This is One of the Best Cakes I have EVER Had and Made! I was Stunned at how Super Easy it was to make this Authentic tasting Tiramisu at home! It took me Awhile finding and testing the Perfect recipe!
I have made several and gave some away to friends, who Loved them just as much! Recently, someone used my recipe and I remembered that I should give this Amazing Cake as Proper Podium, instead of being buried somewhere on my Pinterest!
In addition, I’ve decided to rewrite the recipe, since I’m getting better at writing recipes now, well… atleast I think I Do! LOL The natural inclination is to write: “you take this thingy and put it into this thingy and just mix together, ok?” 🙂
This recipe is So Easy and the results are just Amazing! MUCH better tasting than the one we recently ordered at the Olive Garden, they put way too much sugar. When you make your own – you have full control of what goes into your recipe. You can add less or more sugar, more or less coffee and liqueur. You can add Fruit and Nuts, it’s all up to your imagination.
The Ingredients you will need.
Instead of making One large Tiramisu cake, I decided to make several and Share! Made one for my Friend’s Birthday and she was Very Happy!!! We had a Fun time eating it Together! Couple of them gave to my Mother-in-law for Mother’s Day! The rest, we shared with Hubby!
Enjoy creating your Masterpieces!!!
- 4 Egg yolks
- ¾ Cup White Sugar
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) Mascarpone cheese
- 1½ Cups Brewed coffee (Used Instant coffee instead of Brewed coffee for faster process)
- ½ Cup Coffee liqueur
- 1 pkg. "Lady Fingers" cookies (or more, depending on the size you are making, buy 2 pkgs since you will want to eat some 🙂 They MUST be hard in consistency, like Biscotti
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- ½ Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate and Fruit for decoration
- crushed hazelnuts (optional)
- You will need two equal size bowls.
- In one bowl, using an electric mixer with whisk attachment, beat: egg yolks, half of the sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Stir in mascarpone cheese until incorporated. Rinse the attachments under water.
- In the second bowl: beat heavy cream with half the sugar for 5 min on Hi until stiff.
- Fold egg yolks mix into the heavy cream mix Gently to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl: combine coffee and coffee liqueur.
- Dip the ladyfingers into coffee-liqueur mixture and lay in rows on the bottom of your dish. Add half of the cream layer. Dust with cocoa powder. You can add crushed hazelnuts layer or fruit, if desired. Repeat soaking the next layer of ladyfingers. Add the rest of the cream mix on top. Dust with cocoa powder and garnish with fruit and chocolate, if you like.