The “secret” to making moist kotletki is adding some creaminess: sour cream or mayo (for some reason I didn’t like mayo, but it’s up to you), yogurt, buttermilk or even cream cheese, and steaming Kotletki.
My personal preference is to make smaller Kotleti as you see in the video. It makes it easier to shape them, flip them and in my opinion look more elegant served. That’s why I always make Kotletki!
I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as my family does. I have included many serving suggestions in the end of the video. Yes, you can make your own ground meat, but it takes time and then extra cleaning. But, by all means, use the method that works for you!
I have made this recipe image to print for myself and display in my kitchen! You can do the same.
I’ve been asked for the recipe for the Mushroom Julienne Sauce featured in one of the pictures. Recipe below.
Mushroom Julienne Sauce:
– 1 Tbsp. Butter
– 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
– 1 small Onion, diced
– 1 small package Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
– 1 Tsp. Garlic, minced
– 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
– 3 Tbsp. Flour
– 1 1/2 cups Low-sodium Chicken broth
– 2 Tbsp. Sour Cream
– dill, optional
– salt/pepper to taste
In a medium pan, melt butter and olive oil. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes over Med-Hi heat. Add sliced mushroom and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes. Add minced Garlic sauté for about 30 seconds. Stir in Worcestershire Sauce. Sprinkle flour over mushroom mixture and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add chicken broth and then sour cream, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add minced dill. Adjust to taste by adding salt and pepper.
Note: You can add 1/2 Cup of grated cheese at the end, if you like and skip on the salt.
- 2 pounds Ground Chicken or Ground Turkey
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ Cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add: ground chicken (or ground turkey), bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic and onion powder, eggs, sour cream, oil, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Add Oil to a non-stick skillet. Heat to Medium-Low.
- Take a small bowl and add water. Moisten your hands, take a spoonful of the meat mix and shape into patties.
- Fry on Med-Low for a few minutes on each side until browned, but not burned.
- Reduce heat to Low. Cover skillet with the lid. Let steam for about 3 to 5 minutes, depending on the size. The patties should be browned on outside and moist on the inside. Remove to a warm plate.
- Wipe the skillet after first batch and follow with another.