This Banana Chocolate Swirl Cake comes out perfectly moist and delicious every time! The combination of Bananas and Chocolate just works so well. It adds an incredible richness to the flavor.
I’m including lots of variations of this Banana Chocolate Swirl Cake below.
You can Swirl in chocolate on top, make a chocolate layer, or just with chocolate chips, or drizzle chocolate on top. You can bake this very same cake but make it different each time. That’s why my family loves this recipe so much and everyone that tried.
How to Bake Moist Banana Chocolate Swirl Cake video below
My never-ending dilemma – What to do with mushy bananas that you don’t eat in time?
I go Bananas (no pun intended)! A perfect opportunity to bake this incredibly moist and delicious – Banana Chocolate Swirl Cake!
How to make Banana Chocolate Swirl Cake
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. Yogurt (optional)
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla extract
- 3 Large very ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1 Cup Flour and 1/2 Cup Corn Starch (or use 1 1/2 Cup Flour)
- 1 Tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking soda
- 4 oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate bar, or chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 Cup Nuts, chopped (optional)
- Blend together: eggs, sugar, butter, yogurt, vanilla extract, and mashed bananas.
- Mix dry ingredients: flour, corn starch, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together.
- Spray the baking pan with Non-Stick cooking spray. Pour prepared batter.
- Swirl melted chocolate on top and add nuts (optional).
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, then reduce it to 350°F during baking.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 40 minutes(time depends on your oven and your baking dish.
- Do not Overbake! Mine was ready in 30 min.
Use the same recipe and make a variation with melted chocolate layers inside the cake, or add Chocolate chips or chunks.
Option 1 – Banana with Chocolate Chips Cake
Option 2 – Banana Cake with Chocolate and Nut layer
Option 3 – Banana Bundt Cake with melted Chocolate and nuts added on top after baking
Option 4 – Banana Nutella Chocolate Cake with Hazelnuts
Just add 2 Tbsp. Nutella to the melted chocolate.
I often bake this Deliciousness with my son! He had fun creating a design for this one! Not bad, right?
Then, we get to enjoy the fruit of our labor!
SAVE the following recipe image