Finally got around to making a video recipe for one of my MOST POPULAR and MOST PINNED recipes!!! Smothered Chicken with Spinach, Potatoes and Mushrooms has been Pinned to 67.9K+ boards!!!!
This recipe is A M A Z I N G! I have brought this dish to several potluck dinners and got Rave Reviews. It’s FULL of Flavor: Creamy, Cheesy and Comforting! Tastes just as good reheated.
One of my readers on Facebook writes:
Glenda Smith: “My husband had bragged on this “phenomenal, hardcore” dish all week! A friend of his is visiting from out of town and I have already been asked 3 times to make it again.”
In a large skillet, heat Olive oil over Med-Hi heat. Brown chicken on both sides until almost done. Transfer chicken to an oiled baking dish.
- 2 Lbs. skinless boneless Chicken breasts
- ½ Cup Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. Onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. Montreal Chicken or any Poultry Seasoning
- 6 small Red potatoes
- small container of Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions/scallions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. of Butter
- 1 small can of condensed Cream of Chicken soup or Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 Cup Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- ½ Cup of Sherry cooking wine (you can use Any wine as I did in the past, same results)
- 1 bag. Fresh Spinach (or thaw frozen)
- 1 (8 oz.) bag Mozzarella Cheese (or Any cheese)
- ½ Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- In a large plastic bag, add: flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and any poultry seasoning.
- Trim and cut the chicken breast into chunks and add to the bag. Toss to coat well.
- In another bag, add: Olive oil, salt and pepper. Slice potatoes and add to the bag. Toss to coat well.
- Slice mushrooms, green onions and mince garlic cloves.
- In a large skillet, heat Olive oil over Med-Hi heat. Brown chicken on both sides until almost done. Transfer chicken to an oiled baking dish.
- Add oil to the skillet and brown the potatoes until almost done. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Add oil and butter to the skillet and sauté the mushrooms for 2 minutes. Then add diced green onions and garlic, sauté until garlic is browned.
- Add mixed: cream of chicken soup, broth and wine. Bring to boil and mix well until the sauce thickens.
- Add bag of spinach and mix until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Pour the sauce on top of the chicken and potatoes. Top with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake Covered with foil for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes.