These Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon Burgers are super easy to make. Great on the bun or without to cut down on the calories. Great warm or cold. Serve it on top of your salad. Can’t go wrong with this recipe.
I usually buy Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon on sale, but I found a great deal at Costco!!! Check it out since it’s a perfect size for this recipe! My family always enjoys when I make these and asks for more.
How to cook VIDEO RECIPE below
Ever since I’ve tried Yum-Yum sauce at the Japanese Steakhouse, I fell in love and use it instead of Mayo. It has more Creamy flavor that we enjoy. I love both brands below.
You can > BUY IT HERE.
Grill Pans are perfect for making burgers at home. I found this Amazing Baccarat Bio Red 28cm Cast Aluminum Non-stick Grill Pan at HomeGoods awhile back. It does a Perfect Job!
You can eat Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon Burgers with the bun or bunless! No wrong way of enjoying them!
Notes: I have added just one egg to bind ingredients together. You may need to add 2 if you make burgers larger. You may need to adjust the breadcrumbs by adding more if your tomato is more watery.
- 1½ pound Salmon fillet
- 1 or 2 Large eggs
- ¾ to 1 Cup Italian Style Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 green onion, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Dill, minced (1 Tbsp Dill Paste or Dill weed or use Parsley)
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Burger buns
- In a medium sized bowl, add: egg(s), bread crumbs, onions, tomato, garlic powder, dill, Olive oil and salt/pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Remove skin from Salmon fillet and coarsely chop with a knife.
- Add Salmon to the bowl and mix well.
- Heat Grill pan or a large skillet to Medium-Hi. Add Oil.
- Form Salmon mix into desired size burgers or patties.
- Cook until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Let cook on the inside for 3 to 5 minutes. This will make them Moist.
- Cook in batches, few at a time.
- Serve warm with a bun or let them cool and serve on top of your favorite salad.
I have added just one egg to bind ingredients together. You may need to add 2 if you make burgers larger.